Hasleo Software Forums

Full Version: A way to clone current Windows USB drive to other USB drive?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello, I want to clone my current Windows USB drive (32GB) to a better USB drive (64GB) without losing changes already made...

Is there a way to do that Sad ???
WinToUSB does not support this features, and we will implement it in the next version.
(04-28-2015, 11:32 PM)admin Wrote: [ -> ]WinToUSB does not support this features, and we will implement it in the next version.

Thank you so much for your reply Big Grin !... I'll wait for next version then  Tongue !!!
(04-28-2015, 08:37 AM)wichoxp Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, I want to clone my current Windows USB drive (32GB) to a better USB drive (64GB) without losing changes already made...

Is there a way to do that Sad ???

Have you tried using Macrium Reflect Free.  I see no reason why this would not work provided you only have a single partition on USB drive if a usb stick. It should work fine on a fixed disk with any number of partitions.
(04-30-2015, 05:43 PM)danskeman Wrote: [ -> ]Have you tried using Macrium Reflect Free.  I see no reason why this would not work provided you only have a single partition on USB drive if a usb stick.  It should work fine on a fixed disk with any number of partitions.

Thanks, I'll try this on my win drive Cool ...
(04-30-2015, 05:43 PM)danskeman Wrote: [ -> ]Have you tried using Macrium Reflect Free.  I see no reason why this would not work provided you only have a single partition on USB drive if a usb stick.  It should work fine on a fixed disk with any number of partitions.

Well, I tried but seems Macrium doesn't detect USB devices  Dodgy ...
How about disk cloning software likes as Clonezilla, Ghost, R Drive...?
try imageusb.

http://www.osforensics.com/tools/write-usb-images.html

it creates an image from original, and you can then write image to another usb.

I just copied a macrium reflect bootable recovery usb to another usb and it worked fine.

Only minor hassle is that it only creates same size partitions  as on original usb, so if you copy 32 gb to 64gb it leaves 32gb unallocated.

Unfortunately windows disk management tools will not let you resize partitions on a removable usb stick.

However, Easus Partition Manager does allow you to resize partition.  Free version works fine.  
http://www.easeus.com/partition-manager/epm-free.html

I do not know if imageusb will handle usbs created by  wintousb.  You will just have to give it a go I guess.
@admin

Is this option available already?
Cant seem to find it, could you explain please?
Best.
WinToUSB only supports cloning Windows To Go Workspace which on a USB hard drive to other USB drives, cloning Windows To Go Workspace on a USB flash drive to other USB drives is not supported yet, and cloning VHD/VHDX-based Windows To Go Workspace is not supported. We will improve it in future releases.

Just plug in your Windows To Go USB drive into a PC and boot into the Windows OS, install WinToUSB, then you can clone it to other USB drives.
Pages: 1 2