Hasleo Software Forums

Full Version: Doesn't boot from external harddrive
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am having a problem with WinToUsb
When I try to run Windows 8.1 Pro from a external harddrive I just see a blinking underscore(_). Does any one knows how to fix? Any help will be appreciated Wink .
What partitioning scheme are you using? GPT or MBR. Which version of WinToUSB are you using? And We recommend using WinToUSB V2.2 Beta to have a try.
(07-01-2015, 09:44 PM)admin Wrote: [ -> ]What partitioning scheme are you using? GPT or MBR. Which version of WinToUSB are you using? And We recommend using WinToUSB V2.2 Beta to have a try.

I am using MBR. I tried this with the older version, but I got to same effect. So I am using the V2.2 Beta.
(07-08-2015, 08:40 AM)Peaches Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-01-2015, 09:44 PM)admin Wrote: [ -> ]What partitioning scheme are you using? GPT or MBR. Which version of WinToUSB are you using? And We recommend using WinToUSB V2.2 Beta to have a try.

I am using MBR. I tried this with the older version, but I got to same effect. So I am using the V2.2 Beta.

Whether windows can boot correctly after using 2.2 beta?