Hasleo Software Forums

Full Version: Windows 10: Possible to use drive encryption on external drive with Windows 10?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I used WintoUSB to install Windows 10 home to an external drive. Works great right now.  If I were to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro, would Bitlocker work on the drive since its booted from USB?

Or, is there a better solution that still encrypts the entire drive AND lets me boot from it?

Thanks
(03-02-2016, 11:14 AM)gregg098 Wrote: [ -> ]I used WintoUSB to install Windows 10 home to an external drive. Works great right now.  If I were to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro, would Bitlocker work on the drive since its booted from USB?

Or, is there a better solution that still encrypts the entire drive AND lets me boot from it?

Thanks

This method is not guaranteed to work correctly, because we have never tested it, but you can have a try.
How to easily upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro?

In Windows OS, only the boot partition can be encrypted with bitlocker, the system partition can't be encrypted, so you can encrypt the boot partition after creating W2G drive.
What are system partitions and boot partitions?