Hasleo Software Forums

Full Version: "The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi,
i tried different Versions if Windows Iso Images (7 Ent 32bit, 7 Ent 64bit, 8.1 Ent 64bit) to create a Boot Stick.
Everything seems good, until logging in to Windows. Then I get this Error Message.
Can anybody help?
Thx in advance!
(04-26-2016, 04:57 PM)amo001 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,
i tried different Versions if Windows Iso Images (7 Ent 32bit, 7 Ent 64bit, 8.1 Ent 64bit) to create a Boot Stick.
Everything seems good, until logging in to Windows. Then I get this Error Message.
Can anybody help?
Thx in advance!

How big is the USB Stick you are using? Or you may need a larger USB flash drive.
And did you try to increase the size of the VHD(X) disk  to the max value?
[Image: attachment.php?aid=65]
(04-26-2016, 09:48 PM)admin Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-26-2016, 04:57 PM)amo001 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,
Can anybody help?
Thx in advance!

How big is the USB Stick you are using? Or you may need a larger USB flash drive.
And did you try to increase the size of the VHD(X) disk  to the max value?
[Image: attachment.php?aid=65]

The USB Stick has a Size of ~60 GB, but I always tried it with a 30 GB VHDX.
I will try with full disk space and come back with Feedback.
Thx!
Hi,
i've tried it with a 60GB VHDX, but got the same message/problem :-(
Regards,
amo001
We have never encountered such a situation before. Which brand of USB drive do you use? If you have another USB drive, please try it.
(04-27-2016, 09:51 PM)admin Wrote: [ -> ]We have never encountered such a situation before. Which brand of USB drive do you use? If you have another USB drive, please try it.

Was just testing with an USB connected OCZ Agile 3 SSD, but got the same error. Now trying an Sandisk CZ80... will give Feedback shortly ...
(05-02-2016, 05:59 PM)amo001 Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-27-2016, 09:51 PM)admin Wrote: [ -> ]We have never encountered such a situation before. Which brand of USB drive do you use? If you have another USB drive, please try it.

Was just testing with an USB connected OCZ Agile 3 SSD, but got the same error. Now trying an Sandisk CZ80... will give Feedback shortly ...

-> and again ... same error ...
*** UPDATE ***

I got it working!!!
Short: The problem is a protected Users Directory (why this happens, I don't know)

At first, i mounted the VHDX-File from the Stick on my Laptop and found out, that there is no possibility to create files or folders within the Users Directory.
Maybe this is also the problem for the profile service when booting from stick.
For testing I deleted the Users Directory with Admin Privileges and created a new one.

Then (yesterday I've created a "Windows to go" on my SSD with the original Microsoft Tools) copied the Users Directory from my SSD to the Users Directory on the Stick
(robocopy /mir /sec /xj)

And now, everything seems to work. Stick is booting and I can login.

So, the main question is, why is the Users Directory Protected??? Somethings wrong with the creation Tool (win2usb)?????

Regards,
Amo
Thank you for the information you provided. And we will try to reproduce and solve this problem.
(05-03-2016, 09:39 PM)admin Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you for the information you provided. And we will try to reproduce and solve this problem.

It needs an Windows 8.1 on which you connect the Stick, to "see" the "access denied" Problem. Not sure with WIndows 7, but on Win 10 its not the same.
The Stick was also created on an Windows 8.1 Pro
Pages: 1 2 3