Hasleo Software Forums

Full Version: 3.1 Install problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I believe I encountered an installation problem on Windows 10 Professional. I downloaded and installed the free version of WinToUSB 3.0. When I ran the program I was prompted to install the update to version 3.1, which I installed. The new installation prompted an uninstall of version 3.0 before installing 3.1. The installation appeared to complete successfully. After the software completed installing Windows 10 on a USB drive, the software closed. I went to start the software again by clicking on the icon in the All Programs menu. It said the software was no longer installed and asked if I wanted to remove the icon, so I deleted it. I then looked for an icon to open the software and was unable to locate anything other than the uninstall and WinToUSB on the Web. The 3.1 installation does not properly replace the icon from version 3.0. I have not yet had the opportunity to see if I can recreate the problem.
(06-14-2016, 09:34 AM)dale Wrote: [ -> ]I believe I encountered an installation problem on Windows 10 Professional. I downloaded and installed the free version of WinToUSB 3.0. When I ran the program I was prompted to install the update to version 3.1, which I installed. The new installation prompted an uninstall of version 3.0 before installing 3.1. The installation appeared to complete successfully. After the software completed installing Windows 10 on a USB drive, the software closed. I went to start the software again by clicking on the icon in the All Programs menu. It said the software was no longer installed and asked if I wanted to remove the icon, so I deleted it. I then looked for an icon to open the software and was unable to locate anything other than the uninstall and WinToUSB on the Web. The 3.1 installation does not properly replace the icon from version 3.0. I have not yet had the opportunity to see if I can recreate the problem.

Thank you for reporting this problem. We will try to reproduce and solve this problem.
(06-14-2016, 09:34 AM)dale Wrote: [ -> ]I believe I encountered an installation problem on Windows 10 Professional. I downloaded and installed the free version of WinToUSB 3.0. When I ran the program I was prompted to install the update to version 3.1, which I installed. The new installation prompted an uninstall of version 3.0 before installing 3.1. The installation appeared to complete successfully. After the software completed installing Windows 10 on a USB drive, the software closed. I went to start the software again by clicking on the icon in the All Programs menu. It said the software was no longer installed and asked if I wanted to remove the icon, so I deleted it. I then looked for an icon to open the software and was unable to locate anything other than the uninstall and WinToUSB on the Web. The 3.1 installation does not properly replace the icon from version 3.0. I have not yet had the opportunity to see if I can recreate the problem.
fwiw...
When I download wintousb newest version with IE win10 10586, win defender automatically deletes it.  Showed link to Ransomware.
I scanned it via virustotal and showed clean, I pointed Microsoft to the installer of the Free version for evaluation, checking think its not virus box.
I just downloaded with Firefox and installed it,, win defender found virus and deleted some part of it... right now its installing on a usb drive.
Download was from easyuefi site.

Here's what win defender says (found it after I made and ran the usb drive ---again)....

Trojan:Win32/Maltule.C!cl
Alert level: Severe

Category: Trojan

Description: This program is dangerous and executes commands from an attacker.

Recommended action: Remove this software immediately.

Items:
containerfile:C:\Temp\WinToUSB_Free.exe
file:C:\Temp\WinToUSB_Free.exe->(inno#000006)
file:F:\WinToUSB\x86\WinToUSB\bin\W2UWatcher.exe
(07-07-2016, 10:21 AM)mikiep Wrote: [ -> ]
fwiw...
When I download wintousb newest version with IE win10 10586, win defender automatically deletes it.  Showed link to Ransomware.
I scanned it via virustotal and showed clean, I pointed Microsoft to the installer of the Free version for evaluation, checking think its not virus box.
I just downloaded with Firefox and installed it,, win defender found virus and deleted some part of it... right now its installing on a usb drive.

Thanks for reporting this problem. WinToUSB is a commercial software, so we don't need to embed virus, because the loss outweighs the gain. So I'm pretty sure this is a false virus report, and we using nod32 and avast, there is no such problem.
(07-07-2016, 10:49 AM)admin Wrote: [ -> ]
fwiw...

Thanks for reporting this problem. WinToUSB is a commercial software, so we don't need to embed virus, because the loss outweighs the gain. So I'm pretty sure this is a false virus report, and we using nod32 and avast, there is no such problem.
(07-08-2016, 07:05 AM)dale Wrote: [ -> ]
fwiw...

I'm sure this is a false positive, but you need to register the software will the antivirus software companies. Kaspersky is identifying WinToUSB as malware and removing it. I had to disable Kaspersky in order to use the software. Once I re-enabled Kaspersky, it removed it from my computer.
(07-08-2016, 07:10 AM)dale Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-08-2016, 07:05 AM)dale Wrote: [ -> ]
fwiw...

I'm sure this is a false positive, but you need to register the software will the antivirus software companies. Kaspersky is identifying WinToUSB as malware and removing it. I had to disable Kaspersky in order to use the software. Once I re-enabled Kaspersky, it removed it from my computer.

We'll do it as soon as possible, thanks for your advice.