Hasleo Software Forums

Full Version: USB functionality during WinPE cloning
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(10-30-2016, 07:13 AM)Zppianer Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, log file has bee sent.

Thank you for the log file, we will resolve it as soon as possible.
Hi
Meanwhile I sent you my specific USB 3.0 drivers
The USB Stick ( formatted from WintoUSB ) is not recognized from my HP Elitebook BIOS.
The BIOS of HP is really not very nice and there are so many settings. I tried secureboot , UEFI, Legacy and many other things, Stick is not recognized.
Stick is recognized from my very old DEll Notebook !!!
I made research in the Internet and some say, that the problem of not recognized USB Sticks are wrong filesystems.
That's why I also tried to repeat the formatting in WintoUSB version 3.2.
Unfortunately there is the problem with the API failure !!!!
Hope you have some more recommendations for me.
By the way..........an external SSD is recognized by my HP Elitebook
(10-30-2016, 11:31 PM)Zppianer Wrote: [ -> ]Hi
Meanwhile I sent you my specific USB 3.0 drivers
The USB Stick ( formatted from WintoUSB ) is not recognized from my HP Elitebook BIOS.
The BIOS of HP is really not very nice and there are so many settings. I tried secureboot , UEFI, Legacy and many other things, Stick is not recognized.
Stick is recognized from my very old DEll Notebook !!!
I made research in the Internet and some say, that the problem of not recognized USB Sticks are wrong filesystems.
That's why I also tried to repeat the formatting in WintoUSB version 3.2.
Unfortunately there is the problem with the API failure !!!!
Hope you have some more recommendations for me.
By the way..........an external  SSD is recognized by my HP Elitebook

You can create a bootable USB Stick by using other software such as Windows USB/DVD Download Tool or rufus, then use this bootable USB Stick to check whether it can be recognized by HP Elitebook BIOS.

About the "Failed to run system API" error, have you tried this patch? http://www.easyuefi.com/wintousb/downloa...ch1030.exe
Hi

I found another 64GB USB Stick in my toolbox.
This Stick is detected in my HP BIOS.
It could be formatted without any problems with WintoUSB, but it is to small for my clone.
So, the only reason for all my problems is my new 128GB USB Stick.
When I bought it in the Military Px last week for 44$ I was so enthusing about the performance.
Transferring 115GB to my internal SSD in 9 minutes means 213MB/s, unbelieveable.
And now, the Stick is not recognized from my HP Notebook. Disappointing.
Nevertheless thank you very much for your help and support.
Probably you've got another idea what's wrong with my stick

Kind regards

Werner
(10-31-2016, 12:04 AM)Zppianer Wrote: [ -> ]Hi

I found another 64GB USB Stick in my toolbox.
This Stick is detected in my HP BIOS.
It could be formatted without any problems with WintoUSB, but it is to small for my clone.
So, the only reason for all my problems is my new 128GB USB Stick.
When  I bought it in the Military Px last week for 44$ I was so enthusing about the performance.
Transferring 115GB to my internal SSD in 9 minutes means 213MB/s, unbelieveable.
And now, the Stick is not recognized from my HP Notebook. Disappointing.
Nevertheless thank you very much for your help and support.
Probably you've got another idea what's wrong with my stick

Kind regards

Werner

I'm sorry, I don't know way. Maybe there is not enough power on the USB ports for the USB drive to work. 
Hi

Not even HP could help me, finding the issue the HP Elitebook doesn't detect my 128 GB USB Sticks.
Today I tried it with a Sandisk 240GB SSD.
This SSD is recognized by my HP Notebook. But after the successful cloning, during the boot a blue screen is showing up.
It's really disappointing, that the clone does not boot from the same Windows I did the clone.
What could that be?
Information. The format process in WintoUSB had both ( system and boot ) partitions the same size and put it lo legacy not VHD.
My USB Sticks were formatted with 100MB system and rest Boot and VHD.
What is the problem?
Pages: 1 2 3