Hasleo Software Forums

Full Version: Windows 10 - Using blu-ray disc instead of usb-thumb drive?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I want to create a Windows 10 Pro. 64bit boot medium with WinToUSB. Then I want to live-boot Windows 10 and officially activate it. (hardware ID)

* Is it possible to use a Blu-ray disc (R / RW) instead of a usb thumb drive?

* If it's not possible with WinToUSB, could I just use the Windows 10 iso file provided by Microsoft and burn it onto my blu-ray with e.g. Nero? Would this work to boot Windows 10 and officially activate Windows 10 for my computer (hardware)?

Yours,
SAM
(07-22-2016, 11:30 PM)SAM Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

I want to create a Windows 10 Pro. 64bit boot medium with WinToUSB. Then I want to live-boot Windows 10 and officially activate it. (hardware ID)

* Is it possible to use a Blu-ray disc (R / RW) instead of a usb thumb drive?

* If it's not possible with WinToUSB, could I just use the Windows 10 iso file provided by Microsoft and burn it onto my blu-ray with e.g. Nero? Would this work to boot Windows 10 and officially activate Windows 10 for my computer (hardware)?

Yours,
SAM

Yes, of course. You can burn Windows 10 ISO into a Blu-ray Disc, and then use this Blu-ray Disc to install Windows 8 on your PCs. But if the computer you want to install Windows doesn’t have a DVD drive, then you need to create a bootable Windows installation USB drive.

How to create a Windows installation USB flash drive with BIOS and UEFI support?
I want to use the Windows 10 Pro. 64bit blu-ray disc as a Live-CD to activate / register my system's hardware with Windows 10.
Sorry, as far as I know, it is impossible to create a Windows Live-CD.