Hasleo Software Forums

Full Version: How to partition USB drive?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hy,
I have a 30GB Kingston DataTraveller USB Sick. Win-to-USB formats it to only 1 partition (MBR, NTFS). So I cant go on, as the second partition is missing.

I took the stick to a Linux and created 2 partitions (Fat32, NtfS) using gparted, as Windows cant do that (i think).

BUT when I use that stick, Win-to-USB reformats it again after selection of the target device!

How to do that?

p.s.: whats the minimum size of the boot partition? (I want to install Win10 on the USB Stick).

Thx!
Unfortunately, Windows will recognize only the first partition on a usb flash drive. This means that even if you create a multi-partitioned usb flash drive, Windows will not mount the other volumes or assign drive letters to them, in fact that Windows completely unable to access these partitions. This is way WinToUSB will force format the USB flash drive to one partition.
In order for Windows To Go drive to work properly, the boot partition must be 16G or bigger, the bigger the better.