Hasleo Software Forums
Windows 10 USB3_DRIVER error - Printable Version

+- Hasleo Software Forums (https://www.easyuefi.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hasleo Software (formerly called EasyUEFI Development Team) (https://www.easyuefi.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: WinToUSB (Best Windows To Go Creator) (https://www.easyuefi.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Windows 10 USB3_DRIVER error (/showthread.php?tid=337)

Windows 10 USB3_DRIVER error - Tayles - 10-23-2016

I have installed Windows 10 on a Samsung T1 portable ssd using WinToUsb.  When I boot from the usb on certain computers I get a blue screen of death with the code BUGCODE_USB3_DRIVER.  Any ideas why?  On the same computers it boots fine (albeit slowly) on usb 2.  But on other computers it boots correctly on usb 3.0.

I have tried uefi and bios booting, and different versions of Windows 10, but no luck.  All the computers, both working and not, are Dell branded.  Drivers are up to date.  I've even tried making my Windows To Go install using a rival programme (Aomei), but the same error persists on the same machines.

So it seems the problem is hardware-based because it consistently works on some machines and consistently fails on others, but I would really like to know a solution to the problem.  Having a portable OS is not that useful when it only works on certain machines.

RE: Windows 10 USB3_DRIVER error - admin - 10-24-2016

(10-23-2016, 01:26 AM)Tayles Wrote: I have installed Windows 10 on a Samsung T1 portable ssd using WinToUsb.  When I boot from the usb on certain computers I get a blue screen of death with the code BUGCODE_USB3_DRIVER.  Any ideas why?  On the same computers it boots fine (albeit slowly) on usb 2.  But on other computers it boots correctly on usb 3.0.

I have tried uefi and bios booting, and different versions of Windows 10, but no luck.  All the computers, both working and not, are Dell branded.  Drivers are up to date.  I've even tried making my Windows To Go install using a rival programme (Aomei), but the same error persists on the same machines.

So it seems the problem is hardware-based because it consistently works on some machines and consistently fails on others, but I would really like to know a solution to the problem.  Having a portable OS is not that useful when it only works on certain machines.

This is normal, some computer's BIOS have problems with booting USB drives from a USB 3.0 port, you need to boot from a USB 2.0 port on these computers. I'm sorry, there is no solution to the problem, only the hardware manufacturer can solve this problem.

RE: Windows 10 USB3_DRIVER error - Tayles - 10-24-2016

No worries. Thanks for the reply.

RE: Windows 10 USB3_DRIVER error - dromsel - 06-01-2017

(10-23-2016, 01:26 AM)Hi,I have used successfully Windows 10 on a Samsung T1 portable SSD for a year or so using WinToUsb. It used to work like a charm on a Lenovo X240 and was super fast on USB3. However, recently - I believe following a Windows update - things changed and now I am also getting the BUGCODE_USB3_DRIVER error. Perhaps 1 out of 5 attempts still boots ok. However it seems to work much slower and is not very stable.I now have installed a fresh copy on a normal external HD and this seems to work fine on the same laptop hardware propably using USB2 - not sure how one can tell (the port is USB3) I guess it can run USB2 protocol if thats a thing. The HD is USB2.0 only.Just to add to the frustation... Cheers,Dromsel Wrote: I have installed Windows 10 on a Samsung T1 portable ssd using WinToUsb.  When I boot from the usb on certain computers I get a blue screen of death with the code BUGCODE_USB3_DRIVER.  Any ideas why?  On the same computers it boots fine (albeit slowly) on usb 2.  But on other computers it boots correctly on usb 3.0.

RE: Windows 10 USB3_DRIVER error - admin - 06-02-2017

(06-01-2017, 01:51 PM)dromsel Wrote:
(10-23-2016, 01:26 AM)Hi,I have used successfully Windows 10 on a Samsung T1 portable SSD for a year or so using WinToUsb. It used to work like a charm on a Lenovo X240 and was super fast on USB3. However, recently - I believe following a Windows update - things changed and now I am also getting the BUGCODE_USB3_DRIVER error. Perhaps 1 out of 5 attempts still boots ok. However it seems to work much slower and is not very stable.I now have installed a fresh copy on a normal external HD and this seems to work fine on the same laptop hardware propably using USB2 - not sure how one can tell (the port is USB3) I guess it can run USB2 protocol if thats a thing. The HD is USB2.0 only.Just to add to the frustation...  Cheers,Dromsel Wrote: I have installed Windows 10 on a Samsung T1 portable ssd using WinToUsb.  When I boot from the usb on certain computers I get a blue screen of death with the code BUGCODE_USB3_DRIVER.  Any ideas why?  On the same computers it boots fine (albeit slowly) on usb 2.  But on other computers it boots correctly on usb 3.0.

I'm sorry, this problem may be hardware-related or may be a bug in Windows, we don't have a solution.