Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Internet Connection
Hi All!

So I was successful in building and booting up Windows 8.1 from a USB on my Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro. I am currently running Fedora 21 on my machine and it works very well, however, I wanted to upgrade my BIOS and can't from my Linux system. So I thought that WintoUSB would be the perfect solution. I would boot up Windows and be able to apply the BIOS update.

The problem is that after Windows boot up, it's not recognizing my systems Wireless hardware and, therefore, I have no connectivity. I was expecting that when the system booted, it would recognize my systems hardware. As far as can tell, it does for everything but the Wireless (and there's no ability to connect via wire on this system).

Any suggestions?
Yes, go to Lenovo and get the wireless (and other) specific driver(s)/updates for your hardware.

DES
(04-28-2015, 03:42 AM)des421 Wrote: Yes, go to Lenovo and get the wireless (and other) specific driver(s)/updates for your hardware.

DES

Mmmm, wonder why I didn't think of that!  Thanks ... I will give that a try!

Mark
(04-28-2015, 06:33 AM)mswal2846 Wrote:
(04-28-2015, 03:42 AM)des421 Wrote: Yes, go to Lenovo and get the wireless (and other) specific driver(s)/updates for your hardware.

DES

Mmmm, wonder why I didn't think of that!  Thanks ... I will give that a try!

Mark

So just for completeness purposes.  DES was correct, I did not have the proper drivers installed but that was because I had tried to use 32bit Win8.  I noticed when I went to download the drivers from Lenovo, they were pretty much all 64bit.  So I downloaded the 64bit Win8 ISO, used WinToUSB with this version and all worked just fine with my Yoga 2 Pro.

Thanks, DES, for the critical hint!

Mark