Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What enhancements and improvements would you like us to do in the future upgrades?
(12-03-2015, 06:22 AM)sevano Wrote: Hi, great tool ! Have just tried with my old harddrive via usb-2.0 and it is really fast. It would be great if it had support for win to internal sata drives !

I'm using laptop and my sata-1 hdd is dead (hardware related) but my dvd-bay ssd works. I can install and run ubuntu to my dvd-bay ssd but when i try to install windows it gives error in the formatting section of the installation. So i wonder if i install the windows to sata like wintousb maybe it will work, it would be great to have that feature !

Thanks !

We're working on a new software (WinToHDD), it can help you get the job done easily, so please pay attention to us.
Thanks.
(12-04-2015, 10:01 PM)admin Wrote:
(12-03-2015, 06:22 AM)sevano Wrote: Hi, great tool ! Have just tried with my old harddrive via usb-2.0 and it is really fast. It would be great if it had support for win to internal sata drives !

I'm using laptop and my sata-1 hdd is dead (hardware related) but my dvd-bay ssd works. I can install and run ubuntu to my dvd-bay ssd but when i try to install windows it gives error in the formatting section of the installation. So i wonder if i install the windows to sata like wintousb maybe it will work, it would be great to have that feature !

Thanks !

We're working on a new software (WinToHDD), it can help you get the job done easily, so please pay attention to us.
Thanks.

Our new product WinToHDD V1.0 Beta released, please try it. With this free software you can easily install or reinstall Windows without using a CD/DVD or USB drive.
Maybe creating an OVF file that can be imported as applicance into Virtualbox would be a nice idea?
(01-04-2016, 12:21 AM)jacrepest Wrote: Maybe creating an OVF file that can be imported as applicance into Virtualbox would be a nice idea?

Sorry, WinToUSB is a tool that is focused on creating Windows To Go drive, it will not support creating an OVF VM.
Some people asking how to clone usb to usb?
i'm using linux DD for clone usb.

It's very easy but if i can copy VHD file to another Wintousb it must work. Can you improve that?

Or just add linux DD command to your program its verry usefull for Windows newbiesSmile
(01-06-2016, 02:20 AM)morphin Wrote: Some people asking how to clone usb to usb?

It's very easy but if i can copy VHD file to another Wintousb it must work. Can you improve that?

Or just add linux DD command to your program its verry usefull for Windows newbiesSmile
Thank you for your suggestion.

You can clone a Non-VHD(X) based Windows To Go drive to other USB drive using WinToUSB Professional or Enterprise, cloning VHD(X)-based Windows To Go drive is not supported yet, and we will improve it in future releases.
(12-15-2015, 11:17 PM)admin Wrote:
(12-04-2015, 10:01 PM)admin Wrote:

Thanks !

Thanks.

Our new product WinToHDD V1.0 Beta released, please try it. With this free software you can easily install or reinstall Windows without using a CD/DVD or USB drive.

Thanks !! I've just saw the replies, thanks for the new product i really needed it to rescue my laptop !!

I've been using wintousb on my sandisk cz80 drive and very happy with the result, but needed to run the os from internal dvd-bay ssd and somehow windows installation was giving errors, but ubuntu was working fine. Wintohdd can help maybe if i can install it with Wintohdd it will boot from dvd-bay.
(01-06-2016, 02:20 AM)morphin Wrote: Some people asking how to clone usb to usb?

Hi, guys, starting from version 3.0, you can create a Windows To Go drive from a VHD/VHDX virtual disk now.
Hi I like what you have done so far here is my suggestion:

Install option to make all future internal hard disks either a: non mountable or b: read only.
Why ? Kids....., (and other users with reckless computer practices) thats why.

By making any and all internal disks of whatever computers the portable windows is plugged into totally inaccessible this allows the computer owner peace of mind allowing other people to run portable windows on there computer.

Now the non auto-mounting of the current system is a good start but a much better solution would be making totally impossible , even for administrator level access.
(the reason it needs to block admin is the Kids these days know how to google search workarounds)

So yeah to summarise what appeals to me about portable windows is the "quarantine" potential.
(11-27-2016, 05:56 PM)happygolucky Wrote: Hi I like what you have done so far here is my suggestion:

Install option to make all future internal hard disks either a: non mountable or b: read only.
Why ? Kids....., (and other users with reckless computer practices) thats why.

By making any and all internal disks of whatever computers the portable windows is plugged into totally inaccessible this allows the computer owner peace of mind allowing other people to run portable windows on there computer.

Now the non auto-mounting of the current system is a good start but a much better solution would be making totally impossible , even for administrator level access.
(the reason it needs to block admin is the Kids these days know how to google search workarounds)

So yeah to summarise what appeals to me about portable windows is the "quarantine" potential.

Thank you very much for your suggestion. It is a good idea, the suggestion has been fed back to my development team and we will consider it.