Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WinToUSB on Linux
Hey i would like to ask if WinToUSB would run well on linux with wine or PlayOnLinux because i already tried and i dosen't show me any disks to install windows and i'm trying to run it on linux beacause i have no windows computer at the moment.

[Image: EtjRlz2.png]

[Image: ASdE23Z.png]

[Image: DqytgEA.png]
Is it possible for you to create a virtual box, install a version of windows 10 preview and create the usn from there?
We have never tested WinToUSB on linux, so it can't work correct. We will solve the problems if we have enough time in the future.
You can try WinToUSB in virtual box as danskeman said.
That is why Linux users shouldn't be shallow what! persons. If you made a FAQ outlining the dependencies required for your app then users could, via Wine and Winetricks, install them and your app would work on Linux without you ever having to even try Linux. Your app is most logical solution I have found so far for applications that won't run under Wine.

If your purpose is to be part of the portable apps, that is great and your largest group of users would be Linux users, see above about their low demand on your time by being informed users rather wondering-at-the-magic-coming-from-the-bright-screen What!'ers.

Cheers
(05-13-2016, 01:31 PM)Koika Wrote: That is why Linux users shouldn't be shallow what! persons. If you made a FAQ outlining the dependencies required for your app then users could, via Wine and Winetricks, install them and your app would work on Linux without you ever having to even try Linux. Your app is most logical solution I have found so far for applications that won't run under Wine.

If your purpose is to be part of the portable apps, that is great and your largest group of users would be Linux users, see above about their low demand on your time by being informed users rather wondering-at-the-magic-coming-from-the-bright-screen What!'ers.

Cheers

Hi, guy, we've tried it. WinToUSB need to read/write the disk devices (for e.g. \\\\.\\PhysicalDrive0, \\\\.\\PhysicalDrive1) , unfortunately, it seems that these devices do not exist in Wine environment.