Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Failed to run System API (Rebuild EFI)
I booted to USB w/EasyUEFI and tried to do the Rebuild of the EFI Partition but after it runs for 10 seconds or so it stops with the "Failed to run system API" (0x0000001500DF0000) error message. Any idea why this is happening?

The reason I'm trying this: I have an Acer Aspire Switch 11 with Windows 10 and 128GB Flash or SSD (not sure which). I made the mistake of splitting the C: drive into 2 partitions. I forgot you can't do that like the old days (pre-Win 8) because of the different boot design. After splitting the C: drive I could no longer boot up to Windows 10 and all the Auto Recovery fixes (Win 10 USB boot thumb drive) as well as numerous Command Prompt fixes to fix the boot problem don't work. I used a Paragon HDM boot disk to merge the C: drive and extra partition back together but I must have jacked the boot system on the EFI and the C: drive. I was hoping this EFI Rebuild might fix my problem. The 100mb EFI partition is still there (to the left of C drive) as well as the 500mb Recovery partition (to the right of C drive). I'm trying to avoid doing a complete Win 10 re-install and I'm not even sure that will fix it.
Thank you for reporting this problem. Please send the user.log file to us (via e-mail at: [email protected]), the user.log file is located in the bin folder under the installation directory, and we will resolve it as soon as possible.
(04-08-2017, 02:47 PM)admin Wrote: Thank you for reporting this problem. Please send the user.log file to us (via e-mail at: [email protected]), the user.log file is located in the bin folder under the installation directory, and we will resolve it as soon as possible.

Thanks for the quick response.  I don't know how this can be done as I used the program on a bootable usb flash drive on my Acer Switch 11 tablet that will not boot to Windows. It only boots to bootable media.  The program itself is installed on another Acer Switch 11 that works fine. I used it to make the bootable flash drive with EasyUEFI on it to try to fix my non-bootable Acer tablet.
(04-08-2017, 03:23 PM)Master Blaster Wrote:
(04-08-2017, 02:47 PM)admin Wrote: Thank you for reporting this problem. Please send the user.log file to us (via e-mail at: [email protected]), the user.log file is located in the bin folder under the installation directory, and we will resolve it as soon as possible.

Thanks for the quick response.  I don't know how this can be done as I used the program on a bootable usb flash drive on my Acer Switch 11 tablet that will not boot to Windows. It only boots to bootable media.  The program itself is installed on another Acer Switch 11 that works fine.  I used it to make the bootable flash drive with EasyUEFI on it to try to fix my non-bootable Acer tablet.

Please follow the steps below to copy the user.log file under WinPE to you local disk, then send it to us.

1. Waiting for the error message appears
2. Open a command prompt ("Tools" > "Windows command prompt")
3. copy X:\Program Files\WinToUSB\bin\user.log to one of you usb drive
4. Reboot the computer, then send the user.log file to us
(04-08-2017, 06:05 PM)admin Wrote:

Thanks for the quick response.  I don't know how this can be done as I used the program on a bootable usb flash drive on my Acer Switch 11 tablet that will not boot to Windows. It only boots to bootable media.  The program itself is installed on another Acer Switch 11 that works fine.  I used it to make the bootable flash drive with EasyUEFI on it to try to fix my non-bootable Acer tablet.

Please follow the steps below to copy the user.log file under WinPE to you local disk, then send it to us.

No matter now.  I finally gave up.  Using Microsoft Media Creation Tool, I downloaded the latest Windows 10 (1703) onto a USB stick (which it made bootable) and did a clean install.  Took less than an hour and it fixed the boot partition and boot files and gave me a clean Windows 10 (1703) that looks and works flawlessly.  I should have done this in the beginning instead of fighting with it for 2 days.  Now I just have to find out how to partition the drive without "jacking" the EFI boot partition again. 
(04-09-2017, 06:50 AM)Master Blaster Wrote:
(04-08-2017, 06:05 PM)admin Wrote:

No matter now.  I finally gave up.  Using Microsoft Media Creation Tool, I downloaded the latest Windows 10 (1703) onto a USB stick (which it made bootable) and did a clean install.  Took less than an hour and it fixed the boot partition and boot files and gave me a clean Windows 10 (1703) that looks and works flawlessly.  I should have done this in the beginning instead of fighting with it for 2 days.  Now I just have to find out how to partition the drive without "jacking" the EFI boot partition again. 

I'm sorry for not being able to help you.