Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Basic Questions on Installing Windows 7
1. It was a usb 2.0 port
2. How do I ensure that?
(06-06-2016, 12:36 AM)Tsundere-chan Wrote: 1. It was a usb 2.0 port
2. How do I ensure that?

1. You can complete all installation steps on a legacy BIOS-based computer.
2. For backwards compatibility, most of the UEFI-based computers also support booting in legacy BIOS mode from MBR-partitioned disks, through the Compatibility Support Module (CSM) which provides legacy BIOS compatibility. So if you want to complete all installation steps on a UEFI-based computer, please make sure that your computer supports CSM and then complete all installation steps in CSM mode.
Why is the external hdd mbr and not gpt? Can I install win7 32-bit?
(06-07-2016, 11:04 PM)Tsundere-chan Wrote: Why is the external hdd mbr and not gpt? Can I install win7 32-bit?

GPT can only boot UEFI-based computers, but MBR can boot both BIOS-based and UEFI-based computers, this is why we recommend using MBR partition scheme. And Windows 7 32-bit doesn't support EFI, so you can't install it.
But since the laptop has CSM, I thought it was still possible to usually install 32-bit win7. Or is that just a limitation of wintousb? Or a limitation of the motherboard? Sorry, I am getting conflicting advice and am mightily confused
(06-08-2016, 03:39 PM)Tsundere-chan Wrote: But since the laptop has CSM, I thought it was still possible to usually install 32-bit win7. Or is that just a limitation of wintousb? Or a limitation of the motherboard? Sorry, I am getting conflicting advice and am mightily confused

You can use WinToUSB to create a 32-bit windows 7 to go, and it can work in CSM or legacy BIOS mode, but it can't work in EFI mode.