Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stop 0x0000007E booting from USB
I have cloned my Windows 7 SP1 64-bit using WinToUSB 3.1 to a Sandisk 500 external SSD. My laptop is a Lenovo T440. Before to clone I disabled the USB 3.0 support from BIOS to permit the windows 7 boot. The cloning was successfull.

Unfortunately, when I tried to boot from Sandisk I got Stop 0x0000007E (0xFFFFFFFC00000005, ..........).

I'm able to boot in Safe Mode.

Any suggestion? Many thanks in advance.
Please take a screenshot of the BSOD and send it to us. Thanks.

By the way, we recommend using Windows 10/8 to create Windows To Go, because Windows 7 To Go is not completely portable, you may have driver problems when booting on different computers.
(08-25-2016, 09:18 PM)admin Wrote: Please take a screenshot of the BSOD and send it to us. Thanks.

By the way, we recommend using Windows 10/8 to create Windows To Go, because Windows 7 To Go is not completely portable, you may have driver problems when booting on different computers.

Thx, admin. Here is the screenshot.

I'm aware of the Win 7 limitations. In this case I'm using exactly the same machine with a just cloned image.
(08-25-2016, 11:23 PM)cbr900 Wrote:
(08-25-2016, 09:18 PM)admin Wrote: Please take a screenshot of the BSOD and send it to us. Thanks.

I'm aware of the Win 7 limitations. In this case I'm using exactly the same machine with a just cloned image.

We need the DMP file to determine why your computer crashed, please follow the steps below to send it to us:

1. Boot into Safe Mode
2. Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump, send all DMP files under C:\Windows\Minidump to us
3. If the Minidump folder is empty there may be a larger DMP file located at C:\WINDOWS called MEMORY.DMP, send the MEMORY.DMP to us

Thanks
(08-26-2016, 09:28 PM)admin Wrote:

We need the DMP file to determine why your computer crashed, please follow the steps below to send it to us:

1. Boot into Safe Mode
2. Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump, send all DMP files under C:\Windows\Minidump to us
3. If the Minidump folder is empty there may be a larger DMP file located at C:\WINDOWS called MEMORY.DMP, send the MEMORY.DMP to us

Thanks
Hi, admin, I double checked for both locations on external SSD, but there isn't any saved dump file.

What do you suggest to investigate to proceed?

Thanks.
(08-26-2016, 10:27 PM)cbr900 Wrote:

1. Boot into Safe Mode

Thanks
Hi, admin, I double checked for both locations on external SSD, but there isn't any saved dump file.

Thanks.

Please follow the steps below to enable Minidump:
1. Boot into Safe Mode

2. Click Start, and then click Control Panel
3. Double-click System, and then click Advanced system settings
4. Click the Advanced tab, and then click Settings under Startup and Recovery
5. In the Write debugging information list, click Small memory dump (64k)
[Image: 2737044.png]
6. Reboot and then boot in normal mode
7. Boot into Safe Mode again after BSOD, send the DMP file to us if it exists

By the way, if the DMP file still does not exist, we recommend tha you use Windows 10/8 to create Windows To Go, Windows 10/8 To Go has best compatibility.
(08-27-2016, 12:02 AM)admin Wrote:

1. Boot into Safe Mode

Thanks

Thanks.

1. Boot into Safe Mode

By the way, if the DMP file still does not exist, we recommend tha you use Windows 10/8 to create Windows To Go, Windows 10/8 To Go has best compatibility.

I reconfigured minidump option, but after reproducing the Stop 07E, still no files are presents.

Any advice?

Thanks.
(08-27-2016, 01:08 AM)cbr900 Wrote:
(08-27-2016, 12:02 AM)admin Wrote:
(08-25-2016, 11:23 PM)cbr900 Wrote: Thx, admin. Here is the screenshot.

1. Boot into Safe Mode

Thanks

Thanks.

1. Boot into Safe Mode

I reconfigured minidump option, but after reproducing the Stop 07E, still no files are presents.

Any advice?

Thanks.

In this case, we recommend that you use Windows 10/8 to create Windows To Go. Or you can uninstall the antivirus software in safe mode to see whether it makes any different.