Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wintousb 3.4 skip partitioning scheme option
I have a Samsung Portable SSD T3 250GB, and having issue when trying to install Windows 10 on it from a Windows ISO.

My current OS is Windows 10.
The version of WinToUSB is: 3.4

This is the instructions I am trying to follow:
http://www.easyuefi.com/wintousb/faq/en_...n-USB.html

In step 7 it said:
"After you select the USB drive, a pop-up will appear asking you if you want to format it to continue, tick the "MBR for BIOS and UEFI" checkbox, then click "Yes"."

But I don't see the "partitioning scheme option" pop-up:

[Image: installation-need-format-usb.png]

Instead it skip to step 9:

(The below image is from the original instructions, the image I see is without the little boot partitions on the right.)
[Image: installation-select-partition.png]

Even the installation was successful but without create any boot partition.

Thanks! Smile
(02-02-2017, 03:50 PM)bbyunzone Wrote: I have a Samsung Portable SSD T3 250GB, and having issue when trying to install Windows 10 on it from a Windows ISO.

In step 7 it said:
"After you select the USB drive, a pop-up will appear asking you if you want to format it to continue, tick the "MBR for BIOS and UEFI" checkbox, then click "Yes"."

(The below image is from the original instructions, the image I see is without the little boot partitions on the right.)

Thanks! Smile

The "partitioning scheme option" pop-up windows will only appear when using a USB flash drive to create Windows To Go, it will not appear when using an external hard drive to create portable Windows. So if you are using an external hard drive to create Windows To Go, You need to manually create the required partitions. Please follow the guide below to create Windows To Go from an Windows ISO file:
http://www.easyuefi.com/wintousb/faq/en_...o-USB.html
dobry den, mam ex hdd 1T. mel jsem temer plny. windows7 se my povedlo naistalovat. pri zpusteni notebooku mam na vyber ze 2 stejnych windowsu. moje otazka je, ale opacna. poradte my nekdo jak dostanu zpet data co byly na ex hdd. pochopil jsem ,ze se naformatoval pri instalaci. ale napr. kdyz preintaluji win. tak se my stary zabali do windows.exe... ale na ex hdd my to prijde jako bitova kopie (stejny obrazek na pozadi, ve slozce stazene soubory je to stejne. ja jsem vzdy kdyz jsem stahl film, tak ho presunul na ex hdd. ted mam 2x stejny win. ale zadny film... dekuji za jakoukoli opoved. zkousel jsem recuva a nic
(02-09-2017, 11:53 AM)Pavel23 Wrote: dobry den, mam ex hdd 1T. mel jsem temer plny. windows7 se my povedlo naistalovat. pri zpusteni notebooku mam na vyber ze 2 stejnych windowsu. moje otazka je, ale opacna. poradte my nekdo jak dostanu zpet data co byly na ex hdd. pochopil jsem ,ze se naformatoval pri instalaci. ale napr. kdyz preintaluji win. tak se my stary zabali do windows.exe... ale na ex hdd my to prijde jako bitova kopie (stejny obrazek na pozadi, ve slozce stazene soubory je to stejne. ja jsem vzdy kdyz jsem stahl film, tak ho presunul na ex hdd. ted mam 2x stejny win. ale zadny film... dekuji za jakoukoli opoved. zkousel jsem recuva a nic

I'm sorry, I don't quite understand what you are meaning. Could you speak english?
Thanks for the help, with a little bit of effort to follow the instructions you provided, I was able to complete it. 
(02-13-2017, 10:26 AM)bbyunzone Wrote: Thanks for the help, with a little bit of effort to follow the instructions you provided, I was able to complete it. 

I'm only too pleased to be able to help you and thank you for you interest in our product(s).
(02-02-2017, 10:35 PM)admin Wrote:
(02-02-2017, 03:50 PM)bbyunzone Wrote: I have a Samsung Portable SSD T3 250GB, and having issue when trying to install Windows 10 on it from a Windows ISO.

In step 7 it said:

Thanks! Smile

The "partitioning scheme option" pop-up windows will only appear when using a USB flash drive to create Windows To Go, it will not appear when using an external hard drive to create portable Windows. So if you are using an external hard drive to create Windows To Go, You need to manually create the required partitions. Please follow the guide below to create Windows To Go from an Windows ISO file:

I am using a USB Flash Drive (Samsung 64 GB), converted it to MBR...yet no partitioning option appears. On top of that, when I create the System and Boot Partitions manually and then run WinToUSB, WinToUSB wipes them out during the formatting step and I too only see a single partition. Allowing WinToUSB to complete, WintoUSB creates the VHD but only a single partition is present on the drive. There is no boot partition, just a single file (the VHD) and a single partition.  And of course, the USB does not boot. What has gone so wrong? Note: I am using a Samsung 64GB BAR (METAL) USB 3.0 Flash Drive (MUF-64BA/AM)
(07-19-2018, 02:37 AM)alchokem Wrote:
(02-02-2017, 10:35 PM)admin Wrote:

In step 7 it said:

Thanks! Smile

I am using a USB Flash Drive (Samsung 64 GB), converted it to MBR...yet no partitioning option appears. On top of that, when I create the System and Boot Partitions manually and then run WinToUSB, WinToUSB wipes them out during the formatting step and I too only see a single partition. Allowing WinToUSB to complete, WintoUSB creates the VHD but only a single partition is present on the drive. There is no boot partition, just a single file (the VHD) and a single partition.  And of course, the USB does not boot. What has gone so wrong?  Note: I am using a Samsung 64GB BAR (METAL) USB 3.0 Flash Drive (MUF-64BA/AM)

Thank you for reporting this problem. Please send the user.log file to us (via e-mail at: [email protected]), it is located in the bin folder under the installation directory, and we will resolve it as soon as possible.