Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Error - Cloning Win7 Pro, 32 bit to WD MyPassport Drive
I was able to solve the problem based on de-activating the "Enable USB 3.0 Controller" in the BIOS. Now works great. Thanks for the great tip provided by David in the following thread.

Thanks for your prompt and helpful response!

Rich

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
davidinfodom Offline

02-19-2015, 09:04 AM
Well, I finally made all my tests, and it appeared the root cause was the USB 3.0 host controller.

Indeed whenever the external usb drive was connected to a USB port 2.0 or 3.0, it wasn't seen in the WINPE environment, till the USB 3.0 host controller was activated in the BIOS.
As soon as it was deactivated, then the cloning process worked like a charm, on both USB 2.0 & 3.0 ports.

N.B: deactivating the USB 3.0 host controller, force the USB 3.0 ports to work as USB 2.0 ports.

Anyway, thanks to Admin help, I've been able to figure out what was going wrong and thus how to fix it.

So thanks again for your help, and I hope my experience will help other persons.

Cheers,
David

Messages In This Thread
RE: Error - Cloning Win7 Pro, 32 bit to WD MyPassport Drive - by rfronek - 04-11-2015, 06:38 AM