Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sandisk Extreme USB stick - now removable not fixed
(10-01-2015, 10:15 AM)admin Wrote:
(10-01-2015, 02:27 AM)SuperJMN Wrote:
(09-12-2015, 01:50 AM)admin Wrote:
(09-12-2015, 01:40 AM)tugg Wrote: Thank you for your quick reply.  So is the Sandisk Extreme 64 no longer recommended for creating Windows to Go.  Should I be shopping for a fixed drive USB?

No, you don't need to buy another drive, you can create a VHD-based Windows To Go Workspace using Sandisk Extreme, and it will work properly.

With this flash drive, using the VHD method I'm getting a severe performance degradation. Is there any way to mitigate this issue?

Please perform a full format on the device before creating Windows To Go.

I did! Anyways, yesterday I converted the VHD your generates to VHDX and modified the BCD and it runs fast as a lightning, at least for now! Smile
Would like to try legacy mode for windows 10 on a USB Stick. How download version 2.2? Or any other workaround for legacy with a newer version?
(10-24-2016, 06:38 AM)hallergard Wrote: Would like to try legacy mode for windows 10 on a USB Stick. How download version 2.2? Or any other workaround for legacy with a newer version?

Please refer to the following link:

http://www.easyuefi.com/forums/showthrea...LegacyMode
Thank you!
Successfully installed using Legacy mode. Would like to mount the host partitions, but they are offline because of policy set by an administrator. How change this policy?
(10-30-2016, 01:12 AM)hallergard Wrote: Successfully installed using Legacy mode.  Would like to mount the host partitions, but they are offline because of policy set by an administrator. How change this policy?

Please try the following steps:

1. Boot into the Windows To Go workspace, run regedit.exe as administrator.
2. Go to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\partmgr\Parameters" and set the value "SanPolicy" to 1.
4. Restart the computer.
Thanks, in the mean time I found this which seems to work: diskmanagement, context menus of the Offline drives, click on Online, and to my surprise it stays on Online after reboot. Also for ext3 and ext4 drives