Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The system cannot read from the specified device
Hello,

I'm running Windows 10 technical preview on a tablet and wanted to use EasyUEFI.

However upon starting I get an error:

The system cannot read from the specified device (0x0001006200A50000).

According to msinfo32 BIOS mode is UEFI

Any idea how I can resolve this?

Thank you!

Bart
(05-19-2015, 02:25 AM)BartVermeersch Wrote: Hello,

I'm running Windows 10 technical preview on a tablet and wanted to use EasyUEFI.

However upon starting I get an error:

The system cannot read from the specified device (0x0001006200A50000).

According to msinfo32 BIOS mode is UEFI

Any idea how I can resolve this?

Thank you!

Bart

Please download the latest version and try again.  Please send the user.log file to me if it still failed, this file  located in the bin folder under the installation directory.
Thanks.
Thank you that worked!

Unfortunately it didn't solve my initial problem I tried your tool for.

My tablet freezes each time when rebooting before showing the vendors splash screen. To remedy I have to open the case each time, and disconnect the main battery (there is no "CMOS" battery in the tablet).

I lack the knowledge to understand why it is able to boot correctly by fully resetting the UEFI and which process is corrupting it after rebooting.
(06-16-2015, 06:53 AM)BartVermeersch Wrote: Thank you that worked!

Unfortunately it didn't solve my initial problem I tried your tool for.

My tablet freezes each time when rebooting before showing the vendors splash screen. To remedy I have to open the case each time, and disconnect the main battery (there is no "CMOS" battery in the tablet).

I lack the knowledge to understand why it is able to boot correctly by fully resetting the UEFI and which process is corrupting it after rebooting.

Sorry, I can't help you more. Could you contact your hardware manufacturer for support?