Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windows 10 USB HDD not booting in another pc
Hello. I just made a 64bit Windows 10 Insider preview USB HDD. I installed it using WinToUsb, and I formatted the drive for both UEFI and BIOS - machines. I completed the installation in my laptop, and it works perfectly and smooth.  But when I tried to move the HDD to my older PC, it doesn't boot. It tries to load W10 for a while, displaying the Windows Logo, then screen goes black and 2 seconds after that the PC reboots. Then it tries to load startup repair for a while, but after that the same happens. It works perfectly in my laptop. The laptop has Pentium, 4GB DDR3-1366 (one module), and integrated graphics. The PC is a little older, it has Core 2 Quad Q6600, 4GB DDR2-667 (one module), Nvidia Geforce GT 640. I tried changing BIOS settings for the PC, but "load optimized defaults" didn't make any difference, and "load fail-safe defaults" just made it slower. Do I have to install some drivers for the another PC to make it to work or what? There is no BSOD or anything, it just reboots. BTW, the laptop has a broken SATA Controller, so that's why I have to use WinToGo. The PC is fine. It runs Windows Vista perfectly. (It is 32-bit, but the CPU supports 64-bit, as it works with 64-bit Ubuntu.)
Maybe your older computer is not compatible with windows 10, so Windows 10 can not run on this computer. To test this hypothesis, you need to install and run windows 10 on this computer.

BTW, Windows 10 has not been officially released by Microsoft and Windows To Go featuresmay not work correctly, recommend using the VHD mode to create windows to go drive.