Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Operation Failed 0x00000002028D0000)
Hi everyone,

I have another system with Windows 8.1 running on USB just fine but right now I am trying to do Windows 10. I tired in the past with build 10074 and it would go but it would just be stuck at the boot screen.

I have a different drive now (Install SSD 80 GB) that I want to put windows 10 on to have and show people what windows 10 will be like but I get that error every time.

Is it the ISO, SSD, or maybe my MSI USB 3.0 adapter? I haven't tired this adapter yet and my one i did use it being used at the moment and can't be turned off.

Thanks
Is the MSI adapter an add-on or is part of the motherboard?  If it is an add-on, it probably won't work since the BIOS probably won't see it to boot.  The USB will work fine once the system is booted but not before, unless the BIOS sees it.
I have two systems.  One with built in and one built on.  The built in works fine but on the other I have to use the built in USB 2.0.
BTW, there is a newer version of 10 to download, 10130.
Also, make sure you are running the utility with "Run as Administrator" and not just from an administrator account.
Yea I did download the latest today as well that that is the one I am having issues with.

USB 3.0 is built in. The MSI Adapter is just a USB 3.0 to SATA Adapter that is made by MSI. My motherboard is a Gigabyte motherboard.

And it isn't a booting issue or anything like that is is when I got and select the drive to INSTALL to that it gives me that error. i have tried with another USB Adapter, another PC, Every USB port on both PC's and i get that same error when trying to install Windows 10 Build 10130 to a USB drive. Even tried using a BRAND NEW 500 GB that i am using to replace a friends hard drive just to see if it didn't like the SSD but that wasn't the case.

if i have to I may just clone my laptop with the lastest build of Windows 10 on it.
Which version of WinToUSB you are using?
Please send the "user.log" to me, it is located in the bin folder under the installation directory.
Sent an email to support with log.

And it is the latest one (Just downloaded and installed yesterday too)
Also installed non beta version. Same thing. Must be something with my PC though because my PC at work works just fine, same adapter and SSD.

If you wish you look into it further admin please be my guest but if you have better things to do please don't worry about me at this time!

Thanks!
(06-16-2015, 02:47 AM)drtweak Wrote: Also installed non beta version. Same thing. Must be something with my PC though because my PC at work works just fine, same adapter and SSD.

If you wish you look into it further admin please be my guest but if you have better things to do please don't worry about me at this time!

Thanks!

Try this patch please:
http://www.easyuefi.com/wintousb/downloa...150616.exe