Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
W10 original doesn't start after wintousb use
I cloned my w10 on a usb drive withouth  problem usi ng the automatic wintousb shutdown after cloning .  Then, I intent to start  on the usb drive..it works. I shutdowned again and rebooted on my internal drive.....no boot sector. I intended to repair the boot with w10 DVD.. it doesn't work. I don't know what can I do now. ..
(08-18-2022, 03:57 PM)martin.gale Wrote: I cloned my w10 on a usb drive withouth  problem usi ng the automatic wintousb shutdown after cloning .  Then, I intent to start  on the usb drive..it works. I shutdowned again and rebooted on my internal drive.....no boot sector. I intended to repair the boot with w10 DVD.. it doesn't work. I don't know what can I do now. ..

If the computer prompts you with a "no boot sector" error at startup, it usually means that you are starting your computer in traditional BIOS mode. Are you sure that Windows on your computer was installed in traditional BIOS mode instead of UEFI mode? Windows installed in UEFI mode uses the GPT partition scheme, and when we start Windows from a GPT disk in traditional BIOS mode, the computer usually prompts the "no boot sector" error.