Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
BSOD on boot after successful Windows 7 installation
I'm having a similar problem now on the same drive.

After a fresh Windows 7 Pro SP1 64bit installation, it works fine once I set the BIOS SATA setting to ATA instead of AHCI. However, after I install device drivers (Intel chipset drivers, USB drivers, networking drivers, audio drivers, etc) and reboot, then I get the same BSOD.

I tried switching back to AHCI thinking perhaps the installation of the chipset drivers might have enabled AHCI somehow, but still no go. What else could it be? The USB 3.0 drivers perhaps? On the Win2USB main page it states:

Quote:•Windows 7/2008 R2 does not have built-in USB 3.0 support, so Windows 7/2008 R2 will have to be booted from a USB 2.0 port.

My laptop only has USB 3.0 ports though. Could it be that prior to installing the USB 3.0 drivers Windows treats my USB 3.0 ports as 2.0 ports, and only after I installed the USB 3.0 drivers, it recognizes them as USB 3.0 ports and then stops working? How can I make this work?

I've installed on a USB 2.0 drive btw.

Messages In This Thread
RE: BSOD on boot after successful Windows 7 installation - by galapogos - 07-15-2015, 01:45 PM