Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Running Out of Drive Space
So, I have installed WinToUSB on a 64gb flash drive and love it.

I have ended up with two virtual drives on the same flash drive. I don't know if that is the way it was designed or if that is something I did during the install process.

Here is what I have:
WinToUSB (C:) - 593 MB free of 13.9 GB
WinToUSB (D:) - 45.5 GB free of 59.6 GB

It seems every app I install and all of the Windows updates are eating up the (C:) virtual drive and eventually I won't have any space left.

Disk Management says I have this
Disk6: WinToUSB (D:) 59.61 GB NTSF - Healthy (System, Active, Primary Partition)
Disk 8: WinToUSB (C:) 13.99 GB NTFS - Healthy (Boot, Active, Crash Dump, Primary Partition)

My question is, how can I move space from the (D:) virtual drive over to the (C:) virtual drive to give me more space?
(08-16-2015, 07:38 AM)lover2go Wrote: So, I have installed WinToUSB on a 64gb flash drive and love it.

I have ended up with two virtual drives on the same flash drive. I don't know if that is the way it was designed or if that is something I did during the install process.

Here is what I have:
WinToUSB (CSmile - 593 MB free of 13.9 GB
WinToUSB (DSmile - 45.5 GB free of 59.6 GB

It seems every app I install and all of the Windows updates are eating up the (CSmile virtual drive and eventually I won't have any space left.

Disk Management says I have this
Disk6: WinToUSB (DSmile 59.61 GB NTSF - Healthy (System, Active, Primary Partition)
Disk 8: WinToUSB (CSmile 13.99 GB NTFS - Healthy (Boot, Active, Crash Dump, Primary Partition)

My question is, how can I move space from the (DSmile virtual drive over to the (CSmile virtual drive to give me more space?

Two steps to solve this problem:

1. Resize WinToUSB.vhd in D:
2. Extend the disk volume C:

You'd better backup WinToUSB.vhd before resizing it.

How to Resize vhd disk and Extend disk volume in vhd disk, please refer to the following link for more information:
http://blogs.technet.com/b/danstolts/arc...rever.aspx