Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
System clone was not successful
I tried to clone my Win8.1 system to a USB disk, but it fails with the error Operation failed.(0x0000000200F70000). WinToUSB is version 2.4 Beta, build sept 18, 2015. USB stick is Sandisk Extreme 32GB.

Any idea how to get this working?

Relevant part of user.log:

2015-09-26 16:24:05 T:000010A8 OS Name:Microsoft Windows 8.1 with Bing Version:6.3.9600 Build 9600 Bits:64
2015-09-26 16:24:05 T:000010A8 WinToUSB Version:2.3.2.2
(09-27-2015, 12:58 AM)jcjsmeets Wrote: I tried to clone my Win8.1 system to a USB disk, but it fails with the error Operation failed.(0x0000000200F70000). WinToUSB is version 2.4 Beta, build sept 18, 2015. USB stick is Sandisk Extreme 32GB.

Any idea how to get this working?

Relevant part of user.log:

2015-09-26 16:24:05 T:000010A8 OS Name:Microsoft Windows 8.1 with Bing Version:6.3.9600 Build 9600 Bits:64
2015-09-26 16:24:05 T:000010A8 WinToUSB Version:2.3.2.2

Please run chkdsk to scan the source boot partition and see if it have file system errors. If Yes, fix it and try again.
How to use CHKDSK, you can refer to the link: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/libra...a6a4e.aspx
I ran chkdsk for the USB drive and the system finds no problems, "no further action is required". Any idea what to do now?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Please run the chkdsk utility on the volume C:, thanks.
I ran chkdsk, found some problems, repaired them. Afterwards the same Operation Failed from WinToUSB. It remains for quite some time at 2% and then gives the error message, showing 100%. Did this several times, now the file system on c: is always reported to be clean, and WinToUSB always fails with the same error. User.log is attached.

Attached Files
.zip   user.log.zip (Size: 24.39 KB / Downloads: 2)
Please follow the steps below to copy the user.log file under WinPE to you local disk, then send it to us.
1. Waiting for the error message appears
2. Open a command prompt ("Tools" > "Windows command prompt")
3. copy X:\Program Files\WinToUSB\bin\user.log to one of you local disk
4. Reboot the computer, then send the user.log file to us

Please send the user.log file to [email protected], thanks.
I just sent the log via email.
(09-29-2015, 12:24 AM)jcjsmeets Wrote: I just sent the log via email.

Thanks. We will analyze the log file and tell you the result as soon as possible.
I am trying to clone my windows 8.1 wimboot on tablet (10gb windows partition + 4.8gb tecovery hidden partition) to a 16gb usb key but got system clone was not succesful after 100% cloning was reached. Additional info is "failed to open file 0x7800070004f0000". Wintousb ver is 2.8.

To better clarify this issue I can add the following information:

1) After rebooting I had a look at the usbstick content ad actully the cloning was made since the windows partition was fully copied with the content from drive C: but the VHDX drive named Win2USB had got a single partition 14.9 Gb big whereas the 4.9Gb "recovery" partition (hidden on drive C: ) was not created nor copied. I wonder if it's me to be resposible to create it in advance along with the WHDX windows partition proposed by WinToUSB application, but if that is true I do not know how to do it since once WinToUSB is started I cannot intevene to add the creation of the recovery partition I mentioned above.

2) My windows 8.1 is WIMboot version to fit my tablet's 16Gb SSD disk. The boot reliies on the presence of the recovery partition that holds the compressed install.wim file which is actually uswed by WIMboot to let the Windos 8.1 system work in such a disk space constraiint. I wonder if WinToUSB actually provides support to Windows 8.1 system like mine to be cloned to a usb stick.

Please clarify my questions, thanks and regard
Vincenzo Lorenzale
(02-28-2016, 05:23 AM)vinloren Wrote: I am trying to clone my windows 8.1 wimboot on tablet (10gb windows partition + 4.8gb tecovery hidden partition) to a 16gb usb key but got system clone was not succesful after 100% cloning was reached. Additional info is "failed to open file 0x7800070004f0000". Wintousb ver is 2.8.

To better clarify this issue I can add the following information:

1) After rebooting I had a look at the usbstick content ad actully the cloning was made since the windows partition was fully copied with the content from drive C: but the VHDX drive named Win2USB had got a single partition 14.9 Gb big whereas the 4.9Gb "recovery" partition (hidden on drive C: ) was not created nor copied. I wonder if it's me to be resposible to create it in advance along with the WHDX windows partition proposed by WinToUSB application, but if that is true I do not know how to do it since once WinToUSB is started I cannot intevene to add the creation of the recovery partition I mentioned above.

2) My windows 8.1 is WIMboot version to fit my tablet's 16Gb SSD disk. The boot reliies on the presence of the recovery partition that holds the compressed install.wim file which is actually uswed by WIMboot to let the Windos 8.1 system work in such a disk space constraiint. I wonder if WinToUSB actually provides support to Windows 8.1 system like mine to be cloned to a usb stick.

Please clarify my questions, thanks and regard
Vincenzo Lorenzale

Thank you for reporting this problem. WinToUSB don't support cloning a WIMBoot version of Windows, and we will improve it in future releases.