Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VHD_BOOT_INITIALIZATION_FAILED
Having searched for it on the forum with no result for a working solution I'm asking
Anyone else having this error message at boot time after successful creation on a VHDX on a USB stick
My config is Windows 10 VHDX on a 64 GB stick

I've searched the web for this error in general but what is the meaning of this error in the particular case of WinTo USB?
Thanks

BTW great product
(01-18-2016, 09:28 PM)pascalwil Wrote: Having searched for it on the forum with no result for a working solution I'm asking
Anyone else having this error message at boot time after successful creation on a VHDX on a USB stick

I've searched the web for this error in general but what is the meaning of this error in the particular case of WinTo USB?
Thanks

BTW great product

Please adjust the VHD(X) disk size to the maximum value when creating W2G drive, this may solve the problem.
(01-18-2016, 11:06 PM)admin Wrote:
(01-18-2016, 09:28 PM)pascalwil Wrote: Having searched for it on the forum with no result for a working solution I'm asking

Thanks

BTW great product

Please adjust the VHD(X) disk size to the maximum value when creating W2G drive, this may solve the problem.

Thanks a lot for the tip. Any clue on how big the VHD(X) wrt original HD partition size? Like 20% more or more?
I'm asking because I wish to save some room on the stick for portable progs

Cheers
You can save some room for portable apps, but please try your best to maximize the available space for VHD(X).
Hello , I have the same problem with a Lexar S45 64gb, loading the created portable windows 10 leads me to a blue screen that says VHD_BOOT_INITIALIZATION_FAILED. Have tried with different VHDX sizes, 14gb, 28gb, 30gb, 59gb (max), and nothing helped.
Before I created windows 10 portable in a Sandisk Extreme 32gb and it worked well with no problems.
Have you tried it on other computers? Which edition of Windows are you cloning? Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 10?

Maybe this USB flash drive is not suitable to create a windows to go workspace. For Non-certified USB flash drive, we recommend using SanDisk Extreme CZ80 USB 3.0 Flash Drive to create Windows To Go.
(09-20-2016, 09:23 PM)admin Wrote: Have you tried it on other computers? Which edition of Windows are you cloning? Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 10?

Maybe this USB flash drive is not suitable to create a windows to go workspace. For Non-certified USB flash drive, we recommend using SanDisk Extreme CZ80 USB 3.0 Flash Drive to create Windows To Go.

Solved trying with a different windows 10 iso. Lexar is not as fast as the one installed in the sandisk extreme but very good too.

Thanks
(09-21-2016, 12:50 PM)smashwings Wrote:
(09-20-2016, 09:23 PM)admin Wrote: Have you tried it on other computers? Which edition of Windows are you cloning? Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 10?

Solved trying with a different windows 10 iso. Lexar is not as fast as the one installed in the sandisk extreme but very good too.

Thanks

Well, that's great and you are welcome.