Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
orange and white lines
i have used this program befor (withing in the last 4 months) and it worked fine. i think the changed factor is now i am using an external hard drive that has a terabyte instead of 500 gb. i have 500 gb partitioned as separate storage and 40 as the system partition. the remaining is the boot. whenever i try to boot (i have tried on three pcs) it gives more orange and yellow lines as if the graphics card is mess up but one of them runs from my other external drive that has windows on it. so that can't be the problem. if anyone could help me out that would be great if you need more info i would happily supply it.
(01-28-2016, 07:15 PM)mov51 Wrote: i have used this program befor (withing in the last 4 months) and it worked fine. i think the changed factor is now i am using an external hard drive that has a terabyte instead of 500 gb. i have 500 gb partitioned as separate storage and 40 as the system partition. the remaining is the boot. whenever i try to boot (i have tried on three pcs) it gives more orange and yellow lines as if the graphics card is mess up but one of them runs from my other external drive that has windows on it. so that can't be the problem. if anyone could help me out that would be great if you need more info i would happily supply it.

Please delete all partitions on this disk and recreate partitons using Windows disk management (don't use third-party partitioning tool) then try again.
i used windows disk management and it caused this. i know that the program did not cause this but i don't know what i did wrong as i had followed the same steps i did with my other hard drive.
Some computer's BIOS have problems with booting USB drives larger than 128G. That means on these computer, the system partition and boot partition can't span beyond the 128G boundary. So please make sure the system and boot partitions are not span beyond the 128G boundary.
the other one only had a 40 gb system and then a roughly 460 boot and it worked fine on the three pc i'm trying it on. could there be another problem? im really sorry to just shoot you down every time you try and help me me but none of the fixes apply.
i reformatted the harddrive with 127 gb as the boot anf 40 as system and the rest as extra storage it's still getting the same issue any thing else? do i have to get the same 500 gb i had before?
We have never encountered such a situation, may the terabyte external hard drive does not support creating Windows To Go workspace. Please try a different external hard drive.
i have it was 500 gb and it worked fine same brand and everything. i don't have a third though so i ill have to return this one to get a 500 gb