Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
error cloning windows 7 starter
When I tried to use WinToUSB version 2.9 build apr 6, 2016 to clone my windows 7 starter laptop to a new 32GB USB I get this error:

Disk or partition space is insufficient.(0x000000C2091E0000)

When I say clone, it shows:
Name: Microsoft Windows 7 Starter (x86)
Version: 6.1.7601 Service pack 1 build 7601
System Partition: C:, NTFS, Used 25.02GB, Capacity 80.0 GB
Boot Partition: C:, NTFS, Used 25.02GB, Capacity 80.0 GB
Bios Mode: Legacy BIOS

hit next, get select destination disk
Disk1: JetflashTranscend32GB

Which it formats just fine

Then I get select system and boot partition.
It shows
Disk 1 WinToUSB (FSmile
MBR NTFS
29.42G 29.41G

for both.

I wondered if those were the sizes, but when I removed software from my system to make my boot disk smaller, it showed no change. My C drive now shows 25GB used, which is a lot smaller that the first time I tried this.
But still same error.

(0x000000C2091E0000)

When I try this with my 8GB USB drive, it just says insufficient space, without formatting my USB.

It did create a system from the windows 7 starter iso file I have, but when I boot from that, the screen resolution is not adjustable, it cannot find my wifi (so no net), and none of the troubleshooters appear to work.

I have pared my system disk down to 25GB used.

I wish WinToUSB would tell me how big a USB I need. More useful than just what you got is not enough.

Help, please!
(04-19-2016, 12:30 AM)feeldumb Wrote: When I tried to use WinToUSB version 2.9 build apr 6, 2016 to clone my windows 7 starter laptop to a new 32GB USB I get this error:

Disk or partition space is insufficient.(0x000000C2091E0000)

When I say clone, it shows:
Name:               Microsoft Windows 7 Starter (x86)
Version:             6.1.7601 Service pack 1 build 7601
System Partition: C:, NTFS, Used 25.02GB, Capacity 80.0 GB
Boot Partition:     C:, NTFS, Used 25.02GB, Capacity 80.0 GB
Bios Mode:          Legacy BIOS

hit next, get select destination disk
Disk1: JetflashTranscend32GB

Which it formats just fine

Then I get select system and boot partition.
It shows
Disk 1       WinToUSB (FSmile
MBR         NTFS
29.42G     29.41G

for both.

I wondered if those were the sizes, but when I removed software from my system to make my boot disk smaller, it showed no change. My C drive now shows 25GB used, which is a lot smaller that the first time I tried this.
But still same error.

(0x000000C2091E0000)

When I try this with my 8GB USB drive, it just says insufficient space, without formatting my USB.    

It did create a system from the windows 7 starter iso file I have, but when I boot from that, the screen resolution is not adjustable, it cannot find my wifi (so no net), and none of the troubleshooters appear to work.

I have pared my system disk down to 25GB used.

I wish WinToUSB would tell me how big a USB I need. More useful than just what you got is not enough.

Help, please!

You may need to adjust the size of the VHD(X) disk:
[Image: attachment.php?aid=65]
Installation mode does not allow me to unselect legacy or select VHD or VHDX, nor can I adjust the VHD size.

What does selecting VHD do? (curious, although I cannot select that anyway). Will that create a Virtual Hard Disk? Can I boot from the USB using a VHD?

My intention is to have a bootable USB with my licensed Windows 7 starter on it, to see if certain software I cannot run properly on my laptop will run properly on a new desktop PC I intend to buy (if my software will work on it). The PC I am hoping to buy does not have any OS, so I hoped to have a bootable USB that I could boot the PC from, and test if everything works before I buy it and take it home.

Oh, yes, thank you for the quick reply. I might have noticed sooner, now I am subscribed to this thread.
Because Windows 7 starter does not support VHD(X), so you cannot create a VHD(X)-based Windows To Go drive.
And WinToUSB will copy all the files in source boot partition (Usually CSmile to the destination USB drive, so the destination USB drive must be larger than the used space on source boot partition.
Well, C was 25gb, usb 32gb, same error, how much larger?
WinToUSB requires that the destination boot partition must be 20% larger than the used space on source boot partition, so the real capacity of your USB falsh drive must be 30G or bigger, but the real capacity of a 32G usb drive is usually only 29.7G, so you need a bigger one.
Finally, useful information! I reinitialized my laptop and ran WinToUSB and it created a bootable usb for me! I booted from it, and it worked! Thank you!

I wondered how I could tell I booted from the usb stick, since it looked the same, and I thought I would install chrome there, since that is not on my laptop (yet).

Strangely, it put the program files in my laptops hard drive, instead of on the usb.

I know this is not your problem, but I thought I would see if you had any experience that could help me.

Thank you. Have a nice day!
(05-01-2016, 11:11 AM)feeldumb Wrote: Finally, useful information! I reinitialized my laptop and ran WinToUSB and it created a bootable usb for me! I booted from it, and it worked! Thank you!

I wondered how I could tell I booted from the usb stick, since it looked the same, and I thought I would install chrome there, since that is not on my laptop (yet).

Strangely, it put the program files in my laptops hard drive, instead of on the usb.

I know this is not your problem, but I thought I would see if you had any experience that could help me.

Thank you. Have a nice day!

Open Disk Management, if volume C: is on the USB flash disk then you are booting from the usb stick.
Well, foolishly I tried it again. It wiped out my bootable (maybe) usb, and endid with this error.

http://www.easyuefi.com/wintousb/faq/en_...ToUSB.html
update to new versio
http://www.easyuefi.com/wintousb/faq/en_...ToUSB.html
wintousb clone
Microsoft Windows 7 Starter (x86)
6.1.760 Build 7600
C:, NTFS, Used: 19.67 GB, Capacity: 80.00 GB
Legacy BIOS
9:38 next
learn more
http://www.easyuefi.com/forums/showthrea...t=smoothly
9:40a formating
9:41a system and boot
http://www.easyuefi.com/wintousb/faq/en_...tions.html
9:42a winpe build
9:44a reboot required
9:52a and failed
error 0x0005000200f70000

This was Sunday, May 1. I thought I already posted this, but I cannot find the post.
I did post this. For some reason, searching for feeldumb does not find it, although searching for the error code does.