Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Screen Resolution
I have created the USB Boot disk with Windows 10. It starts booting then comes up with error about needing to change the screen resolution. It says out of Range Signal cannot display this video mode. Change computer display input to 1680x1050. Is there a way to adjust the resolution of the build?

Thank you,

Wade
(05-13-2016, 06:14 AM)wharris128 Wrote: I have created the USB Boot disk with Windows 10.  It starts booting then comes up with error about needing to change the screen resolution.  It says out of Range Signal cannot display this video mode.  Change computer display input to 1680x1050.  Is there a way to adjust the resolution of the build?

Thank you,

Wade

Do you mean that you have successfully created a Windows To Go drive but Windows 10 is unable to boot?
(05-13-2016, 09:03 PM)admin Wrote:
(05-13-2016, 06:14 AM)wharris128 Wrote: I have created the USB Boot disk with Windows 10.  It starts booting then comes up with error about needing to change the screen resolution.  It says out of Range Signal cannot display this video mode.  Change computer display input to 1680x1050.  Is there a way to adjust the resolution of the build?

Thank you,

Wade

Do you mean that you have successfully created a Windows To Go drive but Windows 10 is unable to boot?

Yes, I get the start up screen with the MS Logo and the spinning dots, then the screen goes blank and a message about changing the computer display input to 1680x1050 comes up.  I can press shift+ the windows button then enter and the system will restart.  That sort of implies that it's actually setting at the login screen.
What method do you use to create Windows To Go drive, ISO/CDROM To USB or Physical To USB?
(05-13-2016, 11:12 PM)admin Wrote: What method do you use to create Windows To Go drive, ISO/CDROM To USB or Physical To USB?

ISO stored on an external usb hdd.
Are you sure that your computer can run Windows 10 normally without this issue?
(05-13-2016, 11:34 PM)admin Wrote: Are you sure that your computer can run Windows 10 normally without this issue?

The machine I was trying it out on is running Windows 10.  It was an upgrade from 7.
This is very strange, we have never encountered such a situation before. Have you ever tried Physical To USB?
(05-14-2016, 12:04 AM)admin Wrote: This is very strange, we have never encountered such a situation before. Have you ever tried Physical To USB?

No, the system running Windows 10 is about 250GB with all the files that are stored on it.
WinToUSB will only copy the files on the boot partition to the USB drive. Is your USB drive large enough to hold it?