Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help create Bootable WinXP Flash drive.
Hello Members,

I have a Year 2002 purchased Licensed version of Win XP on a Compaq CD.

Wish to return to this iconic legacy OS. Boot from CD is getting STUCK at the very first stage viz. --"Checking Hardware Configuration..".

Tried using WinToUSB under>> CD/DVD ROM to USB << & it returned --"Cannot find Bootable image(error code)"!

Gave a shot to Tool available under Drop-down menu>>CD/DVD to ISO<< & created suitable ISO successfully.

Now tried >>Image-To-USB<< & it is again returning --"Cannot find Bootable Image (error code)"!

Please help me accomplish the task of creating a Bootable WinXP on my Flash-drive in order to make a further attempt of installing the same on my PC, or atleast be able to run the same through USB Flash drive!

Lastly, is there some Exclusive method to transform a usual ISO to a Bootable ISO? Why the prompts are refusing to recognize the newly created ISO as a Bootable ISO?

Kindly suggest...& help will be sincerely appreciated.

PS - My current OS is Win 8 Home edition & current system is HP AIO Desktop PC--18-1206in.
(08-31-2016, 01:18 AM)saurabhdua Wrote: Hello Members,

I have a Year 2002 purchased Licensed version of Win XP on a Compaq CD.

Wish to return to this iconic legacy OS. Boot from CD is getting STUCK at the very first stage viz. --"Checking Hardware Configuration..".

Tried using WinToUSB under>> CD/DVD ROM to USB << & it returned --"Cannot find Bootable image(error code)"!

Gave a shot to Tool available under Drop-down menu>>CD/DVD to ISO<< & created suitable ISO successfully.

Now tried >>Image-To-USB<< & it is again returning --"Cannot find Bootable Image (error code)"!

Please help me accomplish the task of creating a Bootable WinXP on my Flash-drive in order to make a further attempt of installing the same on my PC, or atleast be able to run the same through USB Flash drive!

Lastly, is there some Exclusive method to transform a usual ISO to a Bootable ISO? Why the prompts are refusing to recognize the newly created ISO as a Bootable ISO?

Kindly suggest...& help will be sincerely appreciated.

PS - My current OS is Win 8 Home edition & current system is HP AIO Desktop PC--18-1206in.

I'm sorry, WinToUSB supports creating a portable Windows USB drive form a Windows 7/8/10 installation image, but it doesn't support Windows XP.
Hello Admin!

Can you please help suggest an 'alternative' instead?

Yours prompt Guidance will be sincerely appreciated.

Thank you.
(08-31-2016, 04:53 PM)saurabhdua Wrote: Hello Admin!

Can you please help suggest an 'alternative' instead?

Yours prompt Guidance will be sincerely appreciated.

Thank you.

Sorry, I don't know nothing about that.