Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Black screen if Uefi boot to WinPE
Question 
hi,

first of all, thank you for that great tool!

my question does not directly concern WintoUSB but it´s hard related.

short version: if i want to boot different boot.wim (WinPE, Win Setup, Dart,) in UEFI Mode i get black screen, in BIOS Mode all is working great.

long version:

I was able to create an working Win10togo ssd, bootable in BIOS and UEFI mode.

The ssd looks like this: 30GB FAT32 Boot Partition and another 80GB NTFS Partion for System

In the next step i added an customized Win10 PE System, Win10 Setup and MS Dart10. The necessary files (boot.wim ect..) are copied to the FAT Boot Partition. The bcd was modified to boot this additional Tools.

The good thing is, all the other Tools are booting up and working in BIOS Mode, but not in UEFI.

If i try to boot in UEFI mode, i get the first message "loading files" after that the windows logo should appear, but i only get an black screen.

Nothing more happens, this is true for the Win10PE, Win10 Setup, MS Dart. Dodgy

The strange thing is, i have all this tools working on another thumb stick, with identical files.

Has anybody a good idea what the problem could be?
(12-29-2016, 01:18 AM)davezor Wrote: hi,

first of all, thank you for that great tool!

my question does not directly concern WintoUSB but it´s hard related.

short version: if i want to boot different boot.wim (WinPE, Win Setup, Dart,) in UEFI Mode i get black screen, in BIOS Mode all is working great.

long version:

I was able to create an working Win10togo ssd, bootable in BIOS and UEFI mode.

The ssd looks like this: 30GB FAT32 Boot Partition and another 80GB NTFS Partion for System

In the next step i added an customized Win10 PE System, Win10 Setup and MS Dart10. The necessary files (boot.wim ect..) are copied to the FAT Boot Partition. The bcd was modified to boot this additional Tools.

The good thing is, all the other Tools are booting up and working in BIOS Mode, but not in UEFI.

If i try to boot in UEFI mode, i get the first message "loading files" after that the windows logo should appear, but i only get an black screen.

Nothing more happens, this is true for the Win10PE, Win10 Setup, MS Dart.  Dodgy

The strange thing is, i have all this tools working on another thumb stick, with identical files.

Has anybody a good idea what the problem could be?

Please provide us the BCD file for UEFI booting.
thx for your support Rolleyes

it uses the same entries like the BIOS BCD, that are working

Attachment did not work, you can download the file here:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0By7Aj-...mhIUlhnMUU
(12-29-2016, 11:03 PM)davezor Wrote: thx for your support Rolleyes

it uses the same entries like the BIOS BCD, that are working

Attachment did not work, you can download the file here:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0By7Aj-...mhIUlhnMUU

Sorry for my late response. Please set a description for each ramdisk option and try again.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=133]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

hi, as i see it there is a different description for each ram disk,

sorry i´m not sure what you mean i should change.

Thx for your support