Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dynamic VHDX-based Windows To Go Workspace?
Is is possible and/or recommended to create a Dynamic VHDX-based Windows To Go Workspace?
(06-19-2017, 10:50 AM)bacevs Wrote: Is is possible and/or recommended to create a Dynamic VHDX-based Windows To Go Workspace?

I'm sorry, WinToUSB doesn't currently support creating a Dynamic VHDX based Windows To Go Workspace. Could you tell us why you need this feature? Does a fixed size Windows To Go Workspace not meet your needs?
(06-20-2017, 08:49 AM)admin Wrote:
(06-19-2017, 10:50 AM)bacevs Wrote: Is is possible and/or recommended to create a Dynamic VHDX-based Windows To Go Workspace?

I'm sorry, WinToUSB doesn't currently support creating a Dynamic VHDX based Windows To Go Workspace. Could you tell us why you need this feature? Does a fixed size Windows To Go Workspace not meet your needs?

I don't just use my portable SSD to run Windows to Go.
I also use it to transfer large files as a portable drive from work to home. 

So it would be nice if the image was dynamic to give me more space to transfer stuff on/off it when not booted into windows. 
At the moment I've created a fixed 120GB VHDX file, with windows only currently using less than half of that. Obviously windows will grow in the future, but at the moment that a big waste of space.
(06-20-2017, 04:37 PM)bacevs Wrote:
(06-20-2017, 08:49 AM)admin Wrote:

I don't just use my portable SSD to run Windows to Go.
I also use it to transfer large files as a portable drive from work to home. 

So it would be nice if the image was dynamic to give me more space to transfer stuff on/off it when not booted into windows. 
At the moment I've created a fixed 120GB VHDX file, with windows only currently using less than half of that. Obviously windows will grow in the future, but at the moment that a big waste of space.

Thank you for your suggestion. The suggestion has been feed back to our development team and the development team will implement this feature in the future release if there are no technical problems.