Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WinToUSB not recognizing USB drive?
Greetings!

I have used this product in the past with no issues including last week but now when I try to perform a "physical to usb" it won't see my 64GB sandisk drive even though it shows up in windows explorer and the disk management console in windows 8. I have uninstalled and reinstalled both the stable and beta versions and I've also tried formatting the stick in different ways. (FAT32, NTFS) - is there anything I can look for as to why it won't show up in WinToUSB while trying to move the OS to a USB drive? It worked just last week on this same exact drive.

Thanks!!
reinitialize it as GPT
“Physical To USB” can only clone current windows OS to USB hard disk but not USB flash drisk. Clone to USB flash drive may come true in next version.
(01-05-2015, 10:18 PM)admin Wrote: “Physical To USB” can only clone current windows OS to USB hard disk but not USB flash drisk. Clone to USB flash drive may come true in next version.

Actually, I ran into this today too.   And I was using first a 750GB HD in USB3 box and then a 1 TB drive in that box.  Strange.  It recognized the drive right away and let me create the Wintogo disc' it just wouldn't do a physical copy.  Both the physical copy and the disc were Windows 8.1 professional.  Both drives were blank and formatted to NTFS.  Just for laughs I also tried creating a 500mb fat32 system partition and leaving the rest as NTFS for a boot partition, but it made no difference.  I couldn't make a physical copy, so I did a fresh install without a problem.  All done, so not a current problem, but it was strange.