Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Generated Windows USB stick does stuck on boot screen
Hi all,

I am using WintoUSB to generate a bootable USB stick. I have tried both with Windows 8.1 and Windows 10. My USb drive is an Integral nano 64GB. WintoUSB writes the files correctly to the USB stick but I cannot load windows. I formatted the USB stick using MBR and I am using the version2.0 BETA and I am doing the install from the iso file

If I boot in a USB3.0 connector Windows starts loading and sometime after stops with the Error "INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE" and reboots

if I boot in a USB2.0 connector the boot process gets stuck in the Windows screen (I left it for 20 minutes and still it didnt boot)

I Also tried to modify the BOOTDRIVERFLAGS in the registry to load USB drivers during startup but it didnt work.

Any help would be appreciated,

jozamm
Highly recommend using a Windows To Go Certified Drives or USB hard drive to create Windows To Go workspace.
I did the install fails at boot as follows. Can you help.
[Image: PD_4917218_imran.jpg]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I have got exactly the same problem. He knows look here and is working on it, it should be fixed in the next release. Hopefully soon Smile
(02-09-2015, 06:47 PM)imran Wrote: I did the install fails at boot as follows. Can you help.

Please try this patch to create Windows 8.1 To Go drive, and make sure to use the VHD install mode.

BTW, We all know the common flash drives are always slow, it takes a long time to install and run Windows from a common USB flash drive, so we highly recommend using a Windows To Go Certified Drives or USB hard drive. If you don't have enough budget to buy a Windows To Go certified drive, We recommend to you to buy a SanDisk Extreme CZ80 USB 3.0 Flash Drive, it is fast enough to run Windows smoothly and more cheaper.
How does the VHD mode affect to performance? I'm sure it's slower than legacy. Also, can somebody tell me why is this method the only alternative for non-certified thumb drives?
(07-17-2015, 06:08 AM)SuperJMN Wrote: How does the VHD mode affect to performance? I'm sure it's slower than legacy. Also, can somebody tell me why is this method the only alternative for non-certified thumb drives?

Just a little performance loss,  please have a look at this link: http://computers.findincity.net/view/635...-vs-hosted

From our tests, the VHD mode has best compatibility when using non-certified thumb drives to create Windows To Go workspace.
Ok team, I DO really need your help.
I'm using Win10, I installed WintoUSB, then point to an ISO file I had and made the USB memory, after a successful process, I restarted and Windows came up , but when I unplugged my USB memory system can't find a bootable drive to boot from !!!! Why Win2 USB made changes to my existing Win10 on laptop!
I just wanted to make a bootable portable Windows USB ... ( I chose first option that convert ISO file to USB not the last option to convert my HDD to USB)
Now I can boot up my Win10 with USB but if I unplug it there is no bootable media!!
*** How can I reverse the process and make my Win10 bootable again *** plzzzzzz help..
(10-04-2015, 08:24 AM)TomJeff Wrote: Ok team, I DO really need your help.
I'm using Win10, I installed WintoUSB, then point to an ISO file I had and made the USB memory, after a successful process, I restarted and Windows came up , but when I unplugged my USB memory system can't find a bootable drive to boot from !!!! Why Win2 USB made changes to my existing Win10 on laptop!
I just wanted to make a bootable portable Windows USB ...    ( I chose first option that convert ISO file to USB not the last option to convert my HDD to USB)
Now I can boot up my Win10 with USB but if I unplug it there is no bootable media!!
*** How can I reverse the process and make my Win10 bootable again *** plzzzzzz help..

WinToUSB just a tool to create windows to go drive, it will not change anything on internal hard drive.
Maybe you need to change the BIOS to boot from the internal hard drive.
I have same problems with win 7 home prem. Fresh setup system.
Fresh installed and updated win2usb. 64 GB USB stick.

All 3 methods - using iso, dvd, local system - produce a stick with correct data written on it, but when it comes to boot from the stick it ends up with a blue screen (0x00000007b) - always.
I tried it with an ide-hdd installed or without - same results.

The notebook I'm using is prepared to boot from usb, I can boot any linux installation from usb without problems.

Any ideas what I could try?
thx