Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Windows 10 build 9926
(02-23-2015, 05:57 PM)wejo Wrote: Hello,
here some news from me.
I download the latest patch and installed WIN10 on it without any error.
But if I want to boot from the usb i receive the error message that the boot device is inaccessible. This was done by 2 usb-stick. than i ordered SanDisk Extreme CZ80 USB 3.0 Flash Drive and now it is bootable on the usb3.0 port and really fast to work with WIN10 from this device.

One question: is it possible to resize the partition on the VHD mode from 32 to 64 GB, or should i create a new one with the greater partition?

thanks Smile

Im using same drive and sometimes usb 3.0 booting works sometimes not any idea why?
I think you have to create a new one as windows does not recognize this VHD neither do virtual box for example no idea why...
(02-24-2015, 07:07 PM)Pietia Wrote:
(02-23-2015, 05:57 PM)wejo Wrote: Hello,
here some news from me.
I download the latest patch and installed WIN10 on it without any error.
But if I want to boot from the usb i receive the error message that the boot device is inaccessible. This was done by 2 usb-stick. than i ordered SanDisk Extreme CZ80 USB 3.0 Flash Drive and now it is bootable on the usb3.0 port and really fast to work with WIN10 from this device.

One question: is it possible to resize the partition on the VHD mode from 32 to 64 GB, or should i create a new one with the greater partition?

thanks Smile

Im using same drive and sometimes usb 3.0 booting works sometimes not any idea why?
I think you have to create a new one as windows does not recognize this VHD neither do virtual box for example no idea why...

Does there exist the same problem after installing Windows 8/8.1 to this drive? Please help me to do a test, thanks.
Thanks this version WinToUSB_Setup_2.1_Beta.exe works for me, it installs on usb and boots up without INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE. It is very slow thouth evethough I am using usb 3.0. Oh well.
(02-26-2015, 09:43 AM)tx00824 Wrote: Thanks this version WinToUSB_Setup_2.1_Beta.exe works for me, it installs on usb and boots up without INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE. It is very slow thouth evethough I am using usb 3.0. Oh well.

To create a Windows To Go USB flush drive, the USB flush device must have fast 4k random reads and writes, and not just fast sequential reads and writes. Normal USB flush drives generally have fast sequential reads/writes and agonizingly slow 4k random reads/writes, so it can't run Windows smoothly. This is why we highly recommend using a Windows To Go Certified Drives or USB hard drive. If you don't have enough budget to buy a Windows To Go certified drive, We recommend to you to buy a SanDisk Extreme CZ80 USB 3.0 Flash Drive, it is fast enough to run Windows smoothly and more cheaper.
I have run crystaldiskmark test on my flashdrive Patriot TAB. CZ is much better, I am not going to buy another USB drive just for testing this windows, no point.

Patriot TAB
[Image: 29bcbvr.jpg]

CZ80 64GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive
[Image: 518oVTjzt8L._SL256_.jpg]

(02-26-2015, 10:18 PM)admin Wrote:
(02-26-2015, 09:43 AM)tx00824 Wrote: Thanks this version WinToUSB_Setup_2.1_Beta.exe works for me, it installs on usb and boots up without INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE. It is very slow thouth evethough I am using usb 3.0. Oh well.

To create a Windows To Go USB flush drive, the USB flush device must have fast 4k random reads and writes, and not just fast sequential reads and writes. Normal USB flush drives generally have fast sequential reads/writes and agonizingly slow 4k random reads/writes, so it can't run Windows smoothly. This is why we highly recommend using a Windows To Go Certified Drives or USB hard drive. If you don't have enough budget to buy a Windows To Go certified drive, We recommend to you to buy a SanDisk Extreme CZ80 USB 3.0 Flash Drive, it is fast enough to run Windows smoothly and more cheaper.
(02-27-2015, 08:05 AM)tx00824 Wrote: I have run crystaldiskmark test on my flashdrive Patriot TAB. CZ is much better, I am not going to buy another USB drive just for testing this windows, no point.

Patriot TAB
[Image: 29bcbvr.jpg]

CZ80 64GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive
[Image: 518oVTjzt8L._SL256_.jpg]

(02-26-2015, 10:18 PM)admin Wrote:

The 4k random writes is too slow to run Windows smoothly.
Inaccessible Boot Device with 9926 and Wintousb 2.1 beta. Usb 2.0 works fine (another laptop)
Funny: if worked before from time to time, not it isnt working at all.
snable
(03-11-2015, 07:39 PM)snable Wrote: Inaccessible Boot Device with 9926 and Wintousb 2.1 beta. Usb 2.0 works fine (another laptop)
snable

Windows 10 is still in preview mode and some features may not work correctly, so please wait for the final release.
(03-12-2015, 10:05 PM)admin Wrote:
(03-11-2015, 07:39 PM)snable Wrote: Inaccessible Boot Device with 9926 and Wintousb 2.1 beta. Usb 2.0 works fine (another laptop)
snable

Windows 10 is still in preview mode and some features may not work correctly, so please wait for the final release.

Is there an official program like this by microsoft ? I mean how are they creating windows to go workspace?
Also I reproduced how to get rid of windows error INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE when it boots hold your power for 5 seconds and then boot again it will work.
Anyone tried Windows 10 build 10051? Just installed WinToUSB 2.1 beta and chose Legacy instead of VHD. Going to see if this solves the installation issue i have with this new build. What is the VHD installation compared to Legacy?