Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trouble installing WIndows 10 (onto SD card)
Hi,

I am trying to install Windows 10 Technical Preview onto an SD Card. (because of portability and low Harddrive Capacity) on my MacBook Air. Before you tell me it won't work here is why I think it should:

-I can install the same Windows 10 build onto an external USB drive and there is works fine. The SD slot uses a USB driver, so there shouldn't be much of a difference.

-The internal SD slot in the MacBook Air can boot a Mac System.

-Also, it does start up to a certain point from the SD card

Ok, so here my problem. After installing Windows 10 to my SD card (no problems), I can start it up, but pretty much it seems to get stuck on the screen with the Windows logo (for at least 6 hours) and the twirling animation underneath. Anyone know anything helpful?

Thanks!
- an engineering student
The SD card is very slow and not compatible with Windows To Go. It takes a long time to install and run Windows from a SD card and may damage the device. We highly recommend using a USB hard disk, a Windows To Go Certified Drive or a SanDisk Extreme CZ80 USB 3.0 Flash Drive to create Windows To Go workspace.
I wasn't talking about Windows to Go. I am using the Windows 10 technical preview. Also that was not the point of what I was trying to do. I was trying to avoid an external Harddrive. This SD card was made to fit the modell and is practically invisible.