Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Failed to extract file from WIM file?
(11-08-2019, 11:19 AM)arteesun Wrote:
(08-28-2019, 04:22 PM)geoff Wrote:
(08-28-2019, 03:35 PM)admin Wrote:
(08-28-2019, 05:11 AM)geoff Wrote: Hello, I've got the same problem.
I'm using a Windows 10 x64 Pro version where I've installed WinToUSB 4.6 Free.
I'm trying to install Windows 10 x64 Familly edition (from Windows 10 May 2019 ISO) on a 2.5 USB hard disk on USB3.0. 

1) There is no additional power supply available for my hard disk (only the USB wire)
2) I've disabled Defender with gpedit.msc
3) I've installed a Windows 10 x64 version with this .iso so I don't think it's corrupted

Can somebody help ?

I've attached user.log and activate.log.

We've analyzed the log file, the ISO file you were usingappears to have been corrupted, please download ISO again and try again.

Hi ! Thanks for the analysis but it's strange because I made it work with the same iso.

Hi, I've had the same problem. I'm attaching my user log. I only attached part of it since the file was too large. I also don't have antivirus activated. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,

We have analyzed the log file, the USB drive is in an offline mode when the error occurs and Windows OS return "(status=C0000012): The wrong diskette is in the drive. Insert %2 (Volume Serial Number: %3) into drive %1, so we think it is a power supply problem. Here are a few solutions that you can try:

1. Connect the USB drive to another USB port and try again.
2. Add an external power supply to the USB drive and try again.
3. Try WinToUSB on other computers or try another USB drive.
4. The USB cable may be unstable, replace a new USB cable and try again.