Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Version of Windows Already Installed Error
Hello,

Using an external 2.5" USB connected drive. Attempting to use the tool using ISO file method.
I select the Boot and System partitions and then get error:

Already has a version of Windows Installed or the same file name has been existed.
F200AC0000 error. (See attached screen shot)

The drive is empty and I have deleted and created the partitions but same error.
If I choose the Physical to USB option, the target USB drive is not available in the drop down list.

The USB drive works fine and can copy files from my desktop with no problem.

Thanks for the help !
You need to format the system and boot partition before installing.
(01-27-2015, 10:29 PM)admin Wrote: You need to format the system and boot partition before installing.

Hi, I did format a volume several times. Take a look at the attached screen shot showing how drive looks from the Disk Mgmt console and in WinUSB.

Not sure what else I need to do to use the disk ?
Thanks !

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(01-28-2015, 01:36 PM)njrich Wrote:
(01-27-2015, 10:29 PM)admin Wrote: You need to format the system and boot partition before installing.

Hi, I did format a volume several times. Take a look at the attached screen shot showing how drive looks from the Disk Mgmt console and in WinUSB.

Thanks !

I encountered a similar thing when I was attempting to use WinToUSB on an external USB HDD that had a previous Win8.1 installation on it.

I used an application called AOMEI Partition Assistant to format the partitions on the external USB drive. I then attempted to use WinToUSB to copy the existing Win8.1 installation on the internal HDD to the external HDD and got that error message.

I then used DiskPart from the command line to prepare the external HDD, and after that, WinToUSB ran just fine and did not generate that error message.

Try this:

Open an Administrator level Command Prompt.

Start Diskpart.

"List" your drives
"Select" your external USB drive

clean
convert gpt
list partition
select (the MSR partition that was automatically generated)
delete partition override
create partition efi size=260
format quick fs=fat32
create partition primary
format quick fs=ntfs
Is there a way to solve this question WITHOUT formatting the device? I'm using Windows 10 build 10041, trying to install "over" a previous version of Windows Technical Preview, on a Samsung M3 Portable.

The error I got: "Already has a version of Windows installed or the same name file has been existed! (0x000200F200AC0000)"

I already deleted all the system folders of my external drive, including the hidden ones. Is there anything else I can do, BESIDES formatting my device and losing almost 1TB of data? Sad
You need to delete the boot files from the system partition.
(04-28-2015, 11:21 PM)admin Wrote: You need to delete the boot files from the system partition.

Found them and everything went ok! What I did forget, first, was to ask Windows to show me not only the hidden files, but also the "system files". Those were the ones that I needed to delete to be able to install the latest version of Windows 10.

Thank you so much!
(01-31-2015, 09:14 AM)SomeGuy1 Wrote:
(01-28-2015, 01:36 PM)njrich Wrote:

Hi,  I did format a volume several times.  Take a look at the attached screen shot showing how drive looks from the Disk Mgmt console and in WinUSB.

Thanks !

I encountered a similar thing when I was attempting to use WinToUSB on  an external USB HDD that had a previous Win8.1 installation on it.  

I used an application called AOMEI Partition Assistant to format the partitions on the external USB drive.  I then attempted to use WinToUSB to copy the existing Win8.1 installation on the internal HDD to the external HDD and got that error message.

I then used DiskPart from the command line to prepare the external HDD, and after that, WinToUSB ran just fine and did not generate that error message.

Try this:

Open an Administrator level Command Prompt.

Start Diskpart.

"List" your drives
"Select" your external USB drive

clean
convert gpt
list partition
select (the MSR partition that was automatically generated)
delete partition override
create partition efi size=260
format quick fs=fat32
create partition primary
format quick fs=ntfs
Hi, thanks you so much for this clear explanation. I created an account just to say how happy i am with you helping me.
I ran into the same problems with AOMEI Partition Assistant ver. 8.4. I then formatted the partitions on my external USB-SSD with MiniTool Partition Wizard ver. 11.5 and it worked!