Hasleo Software Forums

Full Version: Windows 7 BSoD on boot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(07-28-2022, 10:54 PM)admin Wrote: [ -> ]No, I mean you should choose "VHD" installation mode as shown in the picture below.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=290]

Oh, I might have probably chosen legacy, I will try that later as the installation takes 3 hours, I wonder why it doesn't want to work normally, I'm guessing this mode will create a VHD on the USB and boot from it?
(07-29-2022, 01:58 AM)VyZi Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-28-2022, 10:54 PM)admin Wrote: [ -> ]No, I mean you should choose "VHD" installation mode as shown in the picture below.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=290]

Oh, I might have probably chosen legacy, I will try that later as the installation takes 3 hours, I wonder why it doesn't want to work normally, I'm guessing this mode will create a VHD on the USB and boot from it?

Yes, this installation mode will create a VHD file on the USB drive and install Windows onto the VHD file.

Installation taking so long usually means that the USB drive you're using is too slow and it's not suitable for creating Windows To Go. 

For a Windows operating system boot drive, the 4K random read/write speeds are very important. Usually the 4K read/write speeds of the common USB flash drives are always slow, so these drives are not suitable for creating portable Windows. Please note that the read and write speeds in the product introduction are sequential read and write speeds, not random read and write speeds. We highly recommend using a Windows To Go Certified Drives or an external hard drive to create Windows To Go. For Non-certified USB flash drive, we recommend you to buy a Corsair Flash Voyager GTX Flash Drive or SanDisk Extreme PRO CZ88 USB 3.0 Flash Drive, we've done a lot of testing, they're fast enough to run Windows smoothly and more cheaper. If you want small size and high performance, Corsair Flash Voyager GTX Flash Drive is the best choice.
I have seen it running on very low speed and capacity flash drives, but it was crashing from time to time

So I have installed it on VHD mode, it took longer this time, everything was successful, I have inserted the flash drive, the boot animation finished and it blue screened with the same stop code, with a bit different code that comes after it, exactly

0x0000007B (0xFFFFF880009A96D8, 0xFFFFFFFFC000000E, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000)

I'm not sure what might be the cause for the blue screen and it probably isn't low speed as the boot took around 10 seconds longer than on a HDD
Pages: 1 2