Hasleo Software Forums

Full Version: Copy file failed 8000B40000
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Getting this random error.

I have a Windows 10 trying to make a Windows 7 to go from a Windows 7 ISO to a USB 3.0 32gb (very fast) disk.

[Image: FwJbGl4.png]

Please advise .......
(09-12-2015, 02:15 AM)minddragon Wrote: [ -> ]Getting this random error.

I have a Windows 10 trying to make a Windows 7 to go from a Windows 7 ISO to a USB 3.0 32gb (very fast) disk.

[Image: FwJbGl4.png]

Please advise .......

It is usually caused by a anti-virus software, so you can temporarily deactivate your anti-virus software, and try again.
I'm running Windows 10 with Windows Defender (plain vanilla install)...Not sure how to turn that off?
Please try it on another computer, thanks.
Double check the checksum hash of your Win 7 ISO. I had the same error and thought I had verified the checksum. Decided to verify it "again". It didn't match. Downloaded the ISO from another source. Checksum matched. WintoUSB installed it flawlessly.
Thanks toddk63. And this is may caused by a anti-virus software, so you can temporarily deactivate your anti-virus software, and try again.
admin Wrote:Thanks toddk63. And this is may caused by a anti-virus software, so you can temporarily deactivate your anti-virus software, and try again.

That may work, but be careful.  If checksums don't match those published by M$., it means the ISO has been modified.  It could be a useful tweak or a malicious Trojan.  Best to stick with the original M$ release.