Hasleo Software Forums

Full Version: EasyUEFI seemed to brick my UEFI
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have an UEFI and use Windows 10. I used the "Clean" function of EasyUEFI in order to clean unused entries from my UEFI boot partition. However, this seem to damaged my UEFI somehow. I cannot longer login into my UEFI with F2. When I press F2 at boot, it says "Wait please ..." but I get directly moved to the boot loader instead into UEFI settings.

I tried reflashing my UEFI but this didn't changed anything. Running Windows Repair with BootRec.exe /FixBoot, /FixMbr and /RebuildBcd did not helped either. I cannot access UEFI anymore.

I am now scary to reinstall Windows to not brick my Laptop (Samsung Series 7 Chronos 700Z3A-S02DE, UEFI Version 15FD (newest)).

Any suggestions? Thank you!
I'm sorry to hear that. Which version of EasyUEFI you are using? There is a bug in the previous 2.0 and we have dropped this feature in version 2.0.
Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience we have caused.
Could you contact your PC hardware manufacturer for support?
No because the laptop is out of warranty.
I am using Version 2.3 (Build: Sep 1 2015) of EasyUEFI.
Could you please send the user.log file to us? It is located in the bin folder under the installation directory.
Thanks.
Sure, I added it to the post. I renamed the file extension to .txt because I was not allowed to upload .log.
To make it more clearer how my setup on this laptop looks like: I have currently Fedora 22 and Windows 10 installed as dual boot. I could access the UEFI menu with F2 without any problem before I used the clean function of easyUEFI.

Just ask me if you need anything more.
Just added the output of DxDiag if you need it.
Thank you for your support!
I'm so sorry, we have analyzed the log file you send to us, there is no useful data that can help us to recover the boot options which have been deleted.
Of course, if we can find the same model computer as you, then we should be able to fix it.