Hasleo Software Forums

Full Version: Cannot install Windows 10 1809 on external SSD
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I'm trying to install Windows 10 1809 (from an ISO downloaded using Microsoft's Media Creation Tool) to an external SSD (it's actually an internal one, placed in a USB enclosure), but I'm getting the error in the attached picture (0x0000010F09460000) when clicking next (neither Home or Pro seem to work). I'm using the free edition of WinToUSB from a Windows 10 PC (registered with a Microsoft Dreamspark (student) license). Thanks!

[Image: 6nTTbTT.png]

(12-13-2018, 10:21 AM)PhantomR Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

I'm trying to install Windows 10 1809 (from an ISO downloaded using Microsoft's Media Creation Tool) to an external SSD (it's actually an internal one, placed in a USB enclosure), but I'm getting the error in the attached picture (0x0000010F09460000) when clicking next (neither Home or Pro seem to work). I'm using the free edition of WinToUSB from a Windows 10 PC (registered with a Microsoft Dreamspark (student) license). Thanks!

[Image: 6nTTbTT.png]

We are very sorry, using Windows 10 1809 to create Windows To Go is currently a paid feature, so you can only purchase a licenses or create Windows To Go using earlier versions of Windows 10.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience we have caused.
Oh, I did not notice that's not a free version feature, so it's my bad. Thank you for your help!
(12-13-2018, 08:18 PM)PhantomR Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, I did not notice that's not a free version feature, so it's my bad. Thank you for your help!

I am only too glad to be able to help you. If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact us.