Hasleo Software Forums

Full Version: VMware Workstation 15 high CPU load on host
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello!

I use Win10 2014 on a 1 TB SanDisk Extreme Portable SSD. The installation work quite fine and fast, but when I start a VM in VMware Workstation 15.5.6 build-16341506 the host system shows a high CPU load (the VMware Workstation VMX consume the CPU) in idle and gets under load much higher (the same VM on the same host with a default Windows installation performs smoothly and consumes 10% of the CPU). I tried the WinToGo installation on different hardware platforms all BIOS/UEFI settings for virtualization are on. I assume there are some registry keys in the WinToGo installation which makes the life of the hypervisor difficult.

THX
You said "the same VM on the same host with a default Windows installation performs smoothly and consumes 10% of the CPU", which means that the host Windows affects the efficiency of the VM rather than the Windows running in the VM.
(09-15-2020, 12:34 AM)admin Wrote: [ -> ]You said "the same VM on the same host with a default Windows installation performs smoothly and consumes 10% of the CPU", which means that the host Windows affects the efficiency of the VM rather than the Windows running in the VM.

Yes, I the Win2Go installation disturbs the efficiency of the hypervisor.
Maybe under Win2Go there are some CPU extensions blocked?
(09-19-2020, 06:02 PM)chrie Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-15-2020, 12:34 AM)admin Wrote: [ -> ]You said "the same VM on the same host with a default Windows installation performs smoothly and consumes 10% of the CPU", which means that the host Windows affects the efficiency of the VM rather than the Windows running in the VM.

Yes, I the Win2Go installation disturbs the efficiency of the hypervisor.
Maybe under Win2Go there are some CPU extensions blocked?

We don't think that this problem is caused by Win2Go. If Win2Go will affect the performance of host Windows, the same problem should also exist on a clean installation of host Windows.