Hasleo Software Forums

Full Version: No Windows Updates on Win7 Live USB. I quess it is an old story
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi
I have installed Win7 Live Home Premium on one of my flash drives. This was my third attempt installing Win7 and seems like an important matter has quality of flash drive cause this time Win7 Live system has no lags and hangings. Used SanDisk 64 GB USB 3.0 CZ93 (though system shows it is 3.2Gen1).
I was struggling to do Windows Update on my Win7 USB Live and ended up with no positive results. This was frustrating, you know  Sad I think I had exhausted my possibilities to the end. I was even on Microsoft Catalogue website and downloaded stuff. Downloaded but can't install. That's the error that came up after an attempt to install (picture).
Anyway, what the hell that means? Like I'm using an illegal copy of Windows? Come on! Smile The Win7 on my flash drive has been activated.

Googling and searching to find the solution to make Windows updated I also have met this forum and read a little about Windows Update on Windows USB Live.
What I understand of this there's a program like Windows To Go Upgrader that makes Windows Updates working on Win7 Live USB? Do I understand this correctly? Or have misunderstood? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

[Image: aSVHILc.png]
I am very sorry, Windows To Go Upgrader can only help us upgrade Windows 8 and later Windows operating systems, it cannot upgrade Windows 7.
Thank you for your answer. At least I know where I am with this stuff now.

I knew that M$ had ceased to continue Windows Updates for Win7 on January 2020. What I thought M$ at least allowed to download these all updates that were released by January 2020. Not even that :o  :o  Wow!
(05-20-2021, 05:46 AM)doer Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you for your answer. At least I know where I am with this stuff now.

I knew that M$ had ceased to continue Windows Updates for Win7 on January 2020. What I thought M$ at least allowed to download these all updates that were released by January 2020. Not even that :o  :o  Wow!

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!!
My Windows 7 USB Live is getting Windows Updates Rolleyes   Smile 
Once an admin mentioned about the better working configuration of Win7 USB Live on an external hard drive I had given a try and there you go!  Smile  But would it be a matter using an external hard drive as to specifically to get Windows Updates for Win7 USB Live? It's hard to believe for me.
Whatever, once it's getting updates then getting updates...

BTW: before an updating happened I had already thought that Windows Updates are no longer possible for any Win7. Another thing that lately I used a different Win7 ISO file from someone else.
(06-07-2021, 11:03 AM)doer Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-20-2021, 05:46 AM)doer Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you for your answer. At least I know where I am with this stuff now.

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!!
My Windows 7 USB Live is getting Windows Updates Rolleyes   Smile 
Once an admin mentioned about the better working configuration of Win7 USB Live on an external hard drive I had given a try and there you go!  Smile  But would it be a matter using an external hard drive as to specifically to get Windows Updates for Win7 USB Live? It's hard to believe for me.
Whatever, once it's getting updates then getting updates...

BTW: before an updating happened I had already thought that Windows Updates are no longer possible for any Win7. Another thing that lately I used a different Win7 ISO file from someone else.

This is indeed an unexpected surprise.