Hasleo Software Forums

Full Version: How to split existing partition without reinstalling windows OS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've Lenovo Thinkpad 11 generation which I bought recently got infected by ransomware while working on my project of Online Latest Jobs Updates in the USA & unfortunately it only has one disk partition in the form of C drive due to this I lost all my data while reinstalling windows OS and also forgot to make multiple partitions during installation. Now is there any way to create partitions without reinstalling windows OS as I want to keep my files in a separate drive from the partition which contains Windows OS?
(07-05-2021, 08:34 PM)emmawarner500 Wrote: [ -> ]I've Lenovo Thinkpad 11 generation which I bought recently got infected by ransomware while working on my project of Online Latest Jobs Updates in the USA & unfortunately it only has one disk partition in the form of C drive due to this I lost all my data while reinstalling windows OS and also forgot to make multiple partitions during installation. Now is there any way to create partitions without reinstalling windows OS as I want to keep my files in a separate drive from the partition which contains Windows OS?

You can shrink the C: drive through the Windows Disk Management, and then create partitions in the free space to store the files. You can also use a third-party partitioning software to shrink and create partitions.