Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windows 10 Buil 10122
Hello everyone. I have a quick question: If i'm using Windows 10 Build 10074 on a 128 GB Sandisk ExtremePro ( created with VHD mode ), Will I be able to upgrade the build (to 10122)  without problems ?
Thank you
(05-25-2015, 05:42 PM)Albert1007 Wrote: Hello everyone. I have a quick question: If i'm using Windows 10 Build 10074 on a 128 GB Sandisk ExtremePro ( created with VHD mode ), Will I be able to upgrade the build (to 10122)  without problems ?
Thank you

Has anyone tried it? I am working on some new features, i have no time to try.
(06-01-2015, 08:48 PM)admin Wrote:
(05-25-2015, 05:42 PM)Albert1007 Wrote: Hello everyone. I have a quick question: If i'm using Windows 10 Build 10074 on a 128 GB Sandisk ExtremePro ( created with VHD mode ), Will I be able to upgrade the build (to 10122)  without problems ?
Thank you

I tried and couldn't upgrade, although I have a external SSD, connected by USB 3. Got a message saying that "you can't install windows to a virtual hard drive and you can't install windows to a usb drive".

In fact, I could never upgrade any release, due to this error, even installing in VHD mode. Maybe I'm doing something wrong?
(06-04-2015, 06:00 AM)matreco Wrote:
(06-01-2015, 08:48 PM)admin Wrote:
Thank you

I tried and couldn't upgrade, although I have a external SSD, connected by USB 3. Got a message saying that "you can't install windows to a virtual hard drive and you can't install windows to a usb drive".

In fact, I could never upgrade any release, due to this error, even installing in VHD mode. Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

Same here. Any ideas ?
Has anyone found a solution to this? My assumption to using VHD(x) mode is get around the Windows Update restriction. I'm reading elsewhere that some folks have success updating when mounting the VHD(x) in VMWare and then letting Windows Update do its magic.

On a different note, the default VHD size in WintoUSB is 16GB. I plan on using a 120GB SSD (inside a USB3 enclosure) to boot Windows 10 on my Chromebox. Does it not make sense to just max out the VHD(X) partition size to the full 120GB? I don't plan on using the SSD for anything else.

Thanks!
(01-14-2016, 02:47 AM)onizuka Wrote: Has anyone found a solution to this? My assumption to using VHD(x) mode is get around the Windows Update restriction. I'm reading elsewhere that some folks have success updating when mounting the VHD(x) in VMWare and then letting Windows Update do its magic.

On a different note, the default VHD size in WintoUSB is 16GB. I plan on using a 120GB SSD (inside a USB3 enclosure) to boot Windows 10 on my Chromebox. Does it not make sense to just max out the VHD(X) partition size to the full 120GB? I don't plan on using the SSD for anything else.

Thanks!

Question 1, We have found a way to solve this problem and we are working on it now. We need some more time to coding and testing, which could take up to 2 months, so please pay attention to us.
Question 2, please adjust the VHD disk size according to the following guidelines:
[Image: attachment.php?aid=70]
(01-14-2016, 02:47 AM)onizuka Wrote: Has anyone found a solution to this? My assumption to using VHD(x) mode is get around the Windows Update restriction. I'm reading elsewhere that some folks have success updating when mounting the VHD(x) in VMWare and then letting Windows Update do its magic.

Thanks!

I'm also have the same problem. I created the drive into a Sandisk Extreme USB (64GB) that is a portable drive with the VHDX option. Now, it's impossible to update to a newer build because it refuses to install "on a virtual drive".

I tried to run the VHDX in Hyper-V as a virtual machine, but it doesn't boot, so I'm completely stuck with this. Please help!
(02-17-2016, 06:50 AM)SuperJMN Wrote:

Thanks!

I'm also have the same problem. I created the drive into a Sandisk Extreme USB (64GB) that is a portable drive with the VHDX option. Now, it's impossible to update to a newer build because it refuses to install "on a virtual drive".

I tried to run the VHDX in Hyper-V as a virtual machine, but it doesn't boot, so I'm completely stuck with this. Please help!

We are working on a new software to solve this problem, and we need some more time to coding and testing, so please pay attention to us.