Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Portable Version of WinToUSB
I daresay a large number of people who would be interested in using a portable version of Windows are those who do not own their own working Windows PC.
I'm one of them and am using a university library borrowed laptop which I don't have administrator privileges for.
It seems pretty counter intuitive to WinToUSB that you need to install it as a program (which requires an admin login) to use it.
So there should be a portable no install necessary version of WinToUSB on the website somewhere, right?
Where can I find it? Or could someone host a zip of the installed files?
I'm very sorry. Administrator privileges are necessary for creating Windows To Go drive, because we need to formate the USB drive, modify the registry key etc.
I have a similar need...corporate laptop without Admin rights.  When I travel on corporate business, every evening I need to run my stock analysis software.  I do not want to carry 2 laptops, so I am trying to create a WintoUSB portable HDD.  Can I install WintoUSB on my personal laptop to create the OS portable drive to run on the corporate laptop?

Todd K.
(12-18-2015, 06:57 AM)toddk63 Wrote: I have a similar need...corporate laptop without Admin rights.  When I travel on corporate business, every evening I need to run my stock analysis software.  I do not want to carry 2 laptops, so I am trying to create a WintoUSB portable HDD.  Can I install WintoUSB on my personal laptop to create the OS portable drive to run on the corporate laptop?

Todd K.

If you want to use WinToUSB or the Windows To Go drives created by WinToUSB in commercial environment, you have to register a commercial license.