Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Internal HDD to External HDD
Huh Hi there.

I would like to install in my HP Laptop 8740 a SSD evo850 and use the currend HDD with WIN7 pro x64 installed on it as an external USB 3.0 Boot HDD.
On the internal SSD I will install WIN10 pro x64.
I would like to make a dual boot, WIN7 external and WIN10 internal.
My question is: can I make my internal HDD external bootable without loss of my data and installed programms?
I have read the instructions but didn't find my answer (or didn't understand it Angel ).

Thanx in advance!
Please follow the guide below to convert a internal HDD to a Windows To Go drive:
http://www.easyuefi.com/wintousb/faq/en_...To-Go.html
And we recommend using Windows 10/8.1/8 to create portable Windows, because Windows 10/8.1/8 To Go have better compatibility.
Hi Admin,

thanks for your answer. But I have read it and still have the same questions.
And in point3 of step 1 I have to run WinToUSB, where is it located? On the HDD or a cd etc?
That I want to run WIN7 is because it's already installed. I want to install WIN10 on the internal SSD and run WIN7 beside it so I can install the needed progs in WIN10 in my own time and still use my LT.

Thanks in advance Rene
(12-31-2015, 08:22 AM)Diverene Wrote: Hi Admin,

thanks for your answer. But I have read it and still have the same questions.
And in point3 of step 1 I have to run WinToUSB, where is it located? On the HDD or a cd etc?
That I want to run WIN7 is because it's already installed. I want to install WIN10 on the internal SSD and run WIN7 beside it so I can install the needed progs in WIN10 in my own time and still use my LT.

Thanks in advance Rene

You can run WinToUSB on another computer, then connect the USB drive to that computer and try converting.