Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I don't want that the device will be formatted
Hello to everyone.

I have an internal Hitachi hard disk of 230 GB partitioned like this :

120 GB = NTFS with Windows 7 = Drive C
112 GB = NTFS + empty = Drive D

I would like to install Windows 10 on the second partition,drive D with WinToHDD. It tells to me "Selected device needs to be formatted,please select the partition scheme : 1) MBR for BIOS (the current existing partition scheme will be destroyed) 2) GPT for UEFI (the current existing partition scheme will be destroyed 3) Keep the existing partition scheme. Point is that I don't want that my partition 1 will be destroyed and I want to keep the existing partition scheme. What happens if I choose the option 3 ? The partition 1 with Windows 7 installed will be formatted ? Is there a way to avoid this ? I have attached 3 pictures to show you the situation. thanks.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(03-27-2020, 08:31 AM)ziomario Wrote: Hello to everyone.

I have an internal Hitachi hard disk of 230 GB partitioned like this :

120 GB = NTFS with Windows 7 = Drive C
112 GB = NTFS + empty = Drive D

I would like to install Windows 10 on the second partition,drive D with WinToHDD. It tells to me "Selected device needs to be formatted,please select the partition scheme : 1) MBR for BIOS (the current existing partition scheme will be destroyed) 2) GPT for UEFI (the current existing partition scheme will be destroyed 3) Keep the existing partition scheme. Point is that I don't want that my partition 1 will be destroyed and I want to keep the existing partition scheme. What happens if I choose the option 3 ? The partition 1 with Windows 7 installed will be formatted ? Is there a way to avoid this ? I have attached 3 pictures to show you the situation. thanks.

I'm sorry, WinToHDD does not currently support the creation of dual-boot Windows. In your case, we recommend that you use WinToUSB to create a Windows installation USB drive to install Windows 10 to the D: drive.
https://www.easyuefi.com/wintousb/faq/en...n-USB.html