Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WinToUsb with Samsung X5
Hi!

I just bought the Pro Version of WinToUsb to install Windows 10 on my Samsung X5 SSD. I can't go pass the format step.

When using GPT for UEFI, I'm getting this error message : Échec du lancement du système API.(0x0571001501210000).

Other options are greyed.

Is there anything I can do? Lors of money for a dead end  Sad

Thank you!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(05-27-2020, 11:30 AM)bianca.ayotte Wrote: Hi!

I just bought the Pro Version of WinToUsb to install Windows 10 on my Samsung X5 SSD. I can't go pass the format step.

When using GPT for UEFI, I'm getting this error message : Échec du lancement du système API.(0x0571001501210000).

Thank you!

We have analyzed the error code, Windows returned the error code 0x571 (The disk structure is corrupted and unreadable.) when WinToUSB tried to format the disk, this usually means that there are problems with the drive. Please check to see if Windows can recognize this drive normally, especially the size of the disk.
(05-27-2020, 02:24 PM)admin Wrote:

Thank you!

We have analyzed the error code, Windows returned the error code 0x571 (The disk structure is corrupted and unreadable.) when WinToUSB tried to format the disk, this usually means that there are problems with the drive. Please check to see if Windows can recognize this drive normally, especially the size of the disk.

I can see my drive just fine both on Mac os and Windows (using Parallels). The size displayed is exact.

Thanks for answering so quickly! 
(05-27-2020, 02:56 PM)bianca.ayotte Wrote:
(05-27-2020, 02:24 PM)admin Wrote:

Thank you!

I can see my drive just fine both on Mac os and Windows (using Parallels). The size displayed is exact.

Thanks for answering so quickly! 

Are you sure that the disk size recognized by Windows is correct? Some users have reported that Parallels does not support 4K sector size disks, and the Samsung X5 SSD is a 4K sector size disk. Please go to Windows Disk Management to see if the disk cannot be partitioned normally. Thanks.